Chapter twenty four

It was a chilly night

It was a chilly night. It was that time again where the nights got darker, the air colder. Like, when you breathe out and you could see your warm breath reflect in the cold air, as if you're some dragon.
Kids on the street swarmed up, acting like they were the mythical creature themselves; or simply acting like they were a grownup, smoking.

People on the streets passed by River's apartment; buried in their warm looking coats and scarves.
River looked down on them, smoking a cigarette, blowing it out in the cold air. He wore thin clothes not bothered by the cold air.
River had a feeling it was going to snow outside sooner than he thought.

The man felt like he was going insane sometimes when he missed Kenji. He felt comfortable when his boyfriend was near him, knowing he was safe and sound. River wanted to give him everything he could get his hands on. And if the day would arrive, he would gladly give his life for his partner.
He never had that with another person before. Though, he wasn't exactly allowed to date when he lived back home.
River's father rather wanted the man to marry a strange woman who was the daughter of some rich man from a criminal organization. River's father was a strict man. He only wanted his children to marry for money and connections. No love. He didn't believe in it.
River didn't also. At least, that was until he first lay his eyes on  Kenji.

He had even found joy in picking up his boyfriend from the bakery.
Though, he had to promise Kenji he wasn't going to pick him up from work anymore.
His co workers were scared shitless of River, distancing themselves from Kenji because of it. River had gotten a earful from Kenji, and after that he never approached the bakery anymore.

River's phone dinged, making the man  grab his phone from his back pocket.
He had incoming texts from Ralf. The rugged man opened them.
What he saw with his own two eyes made his blood coil from anger. He dropped the bud of his cigarette, letting it fall from between his fingers and down the cold street.

"Shit!"

River ignored the person cursing as the cigarette dropped on them. He rushed back inside, clenching his phone, to the point of almost breaking it.
Ralf had sent him pictures of Carlos; of his corpse. More pictures showed him he wasn't the only one. Whoever had done it, murdered everyone cold blooded in the house.

"Fuck! " River yelled. "Fuck, shit, shit shit!" He slammed his fist down on the dinner table. He needed to let his anger out.
How could this have happened? He had been so careful,too.
It didn't take long before River had let his anger out on the dinner table, slamming on it until his knuckles bled. He kicked against it, watching the table collapse before his own eyes.
He threw one of the chairs against the wall.
He then proceeded to grab the coffee table, smashing it against the wall. His fist broke through the wall, throwing heavily punches at it. He breathed harshly though his mouth, leaning with his arm on the wall as he leaned against it with his whole body. His nostrils flared from the anger he was experiencing. It didn't go down like he had hoped it would.