Chapter twenty five

Valentine stood in front of Tyler

Valentine stood in front of Tyler. The man did looked handsomely as he stood, there was no lie in it. He wore a Gregory Handmade Barathea Shawl Tuxedo. His dark hair was slicked back.
Those dark brown eyes of him looked impatiently.
He tightly held the hands of Valentine who flinched. The man squeezed in her hands without a warning.

Valentine wore a long gown that fitted snug to her body until the bottom of the legs, where it flared out like a fish tail.
Because the dress was so snug, you could see her thick, pregnant belly, sticking out.
The wedding dress was made from white lace on some parts.
The pregnant bride felt her feet getting more swollen by the minute. She had been forced to wear pale high heels; and she couldn't wait for the wedding to be over. So, she could kick them off.

"Hurry up, Father," Tyler mockingly hissed at the priest under his breath.

"Uhh..Well.. Uhm.. repeat after me." The priest turned to Valentine who nodded. She had a feeling they were both here against their will.
She just wanted it to be over and go back and rot in her room.

The wedding did look nice, though.
The wedding was held inside an old chapel. There were a lot of guests, too.
But, Valentine didn't know anybody there except for her bodyguards. She let her eyes wander through the crowd.
Her eyes furrowed as she only could see Ashley who stood behind the guests who nodded at her. His face stood firm. He didn't even show a small smile. Flashbacks of the previous night flashed inside Valentine's head, making her look away. She was still greatly embarrassed over it. And, she bet he didn't wanted to see her face too. She felt horrible with what happened. Maybe, if she had just listened to this awful man in front of her..

"I, Valentine, take you, Tyler to be my lawfully wedded husband."

Valentine repeated after the priest, looking into Tyler's endless brown orbs.

"In the presence of our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner. To love and to obey-."

"Obey?" Valentine abruptly interrupted the priest. "Obey who?" The soft sounds of murmurs went around the chapel.
She had seen movies with romantic weddings. None of them had the word obey in it. But, it was Tyler, so she should've seen it coming.

"Me." Valentine turned her head back to Tyler who looked like he wanted to kick her until she reached the moon.
He showed a clenched smile, trying to hold his anger in for this special day. He had to show the guests they were newly weds in love. He had almost waited his whole life for this moment. Nothing was going to stop or ruin it for him.

"Say it," Tyler pressured Valentine, squeezing her hands tighter.
"Say it."

Valentine sighed. This was it. She was going to sign her life away. She probably wasn't going to survive after the child would be born, anyways. But the thought of it not being Tyler's child brought a smile to Valentine's lips. She wasn't going to give birth to the devils spawn. And something inside her, told her River wasn't going to let his child be raised by Tyler.