Chapter Thirty one

I love how I have like 500+ reads per chapter but can only go as much as 70 (barely) votes😭.
Please don't be shy to vote !! it'll help me greatly and I just entered this book in the Watty's so it would help me out even more to receive as much as support as one can offer by simply pressing a star button xoxox enjoy reading 🫶🏼

The doors opened to the dining room. It was the most elegant room Valentine had ever found herself in.
There was a long dining table. It held at least thirty seats.
A bone white tablecloth decorated the long, dark wooded dining table. Classic beige cashmere chairs that matched the exterior of the room.
The golden chandeliers hung from the high ceilings, making the dining room more ethereal.

The meals were already set at the dining table. It made Valentine almost drool as she could smell the cuisines.

Eden sat at the head of the table, his eyes immediately glaring into Valentine's brown eyes. His hands were on the table; Lydia, his wife holding onto one side of his hand. Her icy eyes ill natured, watching Valentine like a snake, sneering at her . The woman wore a black satin dress. The straps she wore were barely visible.
Her long hair were in loose curls. Each curl was perfectly made, not one out of place.

Eve, the birth mother of River held onto the other side of Eden's hand. Her bronze colored brown hair was styled into a curly side bun mixed together with a fish braid. It made her look absolutely flawless.
Eve wore a white dress from what Valentine could see. She wore a golden upper arm cuff in the form of a dragon. She showed a gentle smile as the two walked through the door.

Valentine nervously smiled back at the woman. Her eyes glanced to the last wife.
Victoria was seated next to Eve. Her face void of any emotion. Her black hair was styled in an high and tight pony tail.
Victoria wore a classic sleeveless cherry red dress. Long red mash arm sleeves decorated her hands and arms, spicing up her look.

Victoria's dress reminded Valentine of a dress she had seen on a vogue magazine. It was really stylish for an older woman.

The pregnant woman was dressed in a castleton green off shoulder dress. Her baby bump stood out the dress, having a loose silver belt above her bump. It was a cute accessory, Valentine thought. The dress also had a long slip, showing off her smooth, brown leg. And somehow Valentine still managed to look classy. The tailor really knew what she was doing.

Valentine's usual wild strawberry blonde coiled curls were tamed straightened. The pregnant woman winced, remembering the struggle and pain her hair had gone through in those hours.
She tugged a straight hair strand behind her ear, looking at the long table, various dishes displayed. The pregnant woman couldn't wait to devour it. Though, she felt like she would be too nervous to eat.

Valentine walked to the table, greeting the elders. Kenji besides her did the same.
It wasn't like she had invited Kenji over, no. The man had invited himself over as soon as he heard Valentine was going to have dinner with his in laws. He hadn't gotten the chance to personally meet them; so he took his chance. He had a feeling they were trying to pretend he didn't exist. Keep him away.