ーー✧✧ 0️⃣2️⃣3️⃣ ✧✧ーー

__________________
I S A B E L L A
__________________

There was hope before. Just a tiny flicker against the winds in my life. And with the open eyes of a child I had reached out for it, fingers extended and flailing to touch it. But fate was busy playing with me, definitely having fun. At the cost of my emotions and sanity.

There was light. Just above my head. All along the bathroom ceiling. But it all felt dull and dim. The expensive bathroom started to feel like a cold dark cellar when time passed by rather than much anticipated help.

I know without a clock everyone says 'it felt like an hour or maybe a year' , but I ain't exaggerating. It literally felt like an hour or two for what I had been hiding.

There was not a single person on that floor, let alone whispers and secret codes. I remember sitting there on the cold lid of the toilet and feeling the emotions of rage and betrayal bubble up my body limbs.

Nothing came to my mind. And then all of a sudden the thought of getting out of there came over.

However , just walking out of a washroom on a completely different floor, after staying inside it for more than enough minutes was the most common thing expected from a woman. Nothing crazy at all. That was my level of sarcasm, by the way.

Hundred and one different scenes and consequences flashed before my eyes and none of them were appealing. Each one of them ended with me either dead or severely punished.
But staying there any longer wouldn't do me any great. So walking out cautiously was my only option.

There wasn't a life on that floor, as I peeped from inside. I walked out and headed for the stairs . A staff boy passed me but never wasted a second. A waitress on her phone and a couple passed by too. However, as I started climbing , someone hurried past me , but paused the next moment, right behind me and called, "Miss ?"

I was scared to have been caught . Scared that my death was maybe approaching. I did not move a inch. Not even turn. Planning on just sprinting up or maybe just running out of the building, when that man called up someone saying to come and check.

Oxygen stopped at it's track down my pipes. I knew for sure that, if that person whom just got called, turns out to be Mr. Jeon , then one way or the other  I was going in a body bag.

Another set of feet rushed down. My eyes fixed on the border laces of my gown. Breathe hitched, palms sweating . Yet too scared to look up at the man. My kind heart did it's best at calming me despite the lack of oxygen supply, saying that it might be some else. The head security or some other guest perhaps.

It all happened in fast-forward. Or maybe my brain was in too much of anxiety cloud to pickup the rapid scene change. It can only be explained as someone - most probably the person that came - taking hold of my wrist and dragging me at full force towards the exit of the building.

He didn't wait a second in calculating and just rushed towards the other side of the building. I didn't know why I did it , but I just let myself be dragged by some unknown man . Now when I ponder on that, I think it was because he felt familiar and safe, when I stared at his back profile while running behind him . If that makes sense.

Out of the building we came down on a dark silent back route. There wasn't a single street lamp, just the stars and the moon and the two cats fighting on the dumpster along the Graffitied wall.
But that wasn't the stop for us apparently . We started again , this time in a lesser rush, towards the exit of that lane. Half heartedly I tried snatching my hands away, just to appease my brain, but nothing happened.

At the end, there was a black tinted car parked at the turning,  it's engine still humming into the silence. I was guided in , and then the doors locked, followed by the car leaving it's spot and steering into the night.

I wanted to say something. Anything. But he was quicker to it.

"Do you want to die? " ー He asked deeply. I recognised the voice without looking. And there was something new in it. But when I didn't answer , he continued, " I tried to save you last week but you are at it again! If it wasn't my me and Jungkook instead who found you, do you even realise what would have been the outcome?"

"But Jimin...." I was going to deny it and say that I believed someone else. But my own brain denied to acknowledge that. All this movie-like-thriller eloping together and finding freedom scenes in my head were too good to be true.

"Don't try to deny and prove yourself a stupid teenager. Did you really believed that Wang would take you away. Give you back your previous life. Be the knight in shining armour...... " ー he was angry . But I also felt the disappointment and fear in his words. Was really scared for my life. I couldn't test it despite focusing on him completely. He started again, "...if anything he would be the one to hurt you, not save you. So don't be silly and just live through your days with us. There won't be a next time of me leaving the party and searching for you before he decides to decapitate you. " 

All he said made sense and were totally for my benefit. But my emotions and ego ran for the opposite direction.
"Don't you try to order or threaten me Mr. Park Jimin. If anything all my dismay is totally because of you all . That bastard boss of yours was the one who destroyed everything for me. So you can't blame Jackson for not showing up." ー i didn't knew why I was suddenly defending Jackson when all I wanted to do was bash his head against the door of that car, but yea I continued , "  you really want to help me, then why don't you just park this damn car of yours and let me walk away? "

He didnot reply but just clenched his jaw. I was lucky that night for not only getting away with my stunt earlier, but also not getting shot in the car by an extremely furious Jimin.

There was no further word exchange. Silent car ride with to riders staring at opposite direction, and the engine roaring in the background. Like usual , I was blind folded before he drove the car towards their home. I had been trying to analyse the cars movement to draw a mental sketch of the roads, everytime I was bought out of that mansion. And for sure, one more trip and i would be able to  complete the sketch.

The blindfold was removed harshly at arrival, and then he just went out of the car, moving past the security and into the mansion. I didn't ponder much, and went on with the security check before heading inside towards my room, ready to take a much needed  warm shower.

Please vote 🌟, comment and follow me