Chapter Seventeen

The safe house was fine, but it wasn't home, now Luca's house, that's Home Sweet Home. Everyone is still staying together for precaution, though now that we unfortunately know who the spy is we relocated to Luca's. After Sebastian was placed in the cell, we all sat in the foyer, talking about our next move.

"Do you guys know where they're setting up base?" Ace asks,the question directed at my cousins.

"It wouldn't matter if they did." I answer for them "Grandfather is smart, if someone double crosses him, he would take precautions by moving base."

My cousins nod in agreement.

"Well there might be a scent left." Miah offers.

"It rained." I say, sullenly.

"Well then what can we do?" Cammie sighs,defeated.

"We question him, as if he were an outsider."
Luca mutters.

I realize he has been quiet this entire time, with a blank expression.The betrayal of a pack member would've hurt his pride, but betrayal of his brother hurt his heart.

I squeeze his shoulder comfortingly. "Are you sure?" I question while cupping his face with my hand, stroking his cheek.

He closes his eyes, leaning into my touch, his face contorting into a one of pain and comfort. When he opens his eyes, I bit down a gasp. His eyes held so much in one little glance.

He relaxes under my touch "I don't want to, he's my brother." He sighs "but if it protects everyone.." he trails off.

I give a small, sad smile of encouragement "it's the right thing to do."

He simply nods.

"Me and Hunter are on it, just say the word." Ace offers.

Luca nods.

"We'll give you some space," Miah says, everyone else following her out the living room.

I gently pull Luca to the couch, straddling him, placing my arms around his neck. He held me as close as he could, pulling me into him by my waist, nuzzling my neck. I ran my fingers through his wavy locks, leaning my cheek on his head. We just held each other, letting the situation we were in settle. In his arms I was safe.

My own flesh and blood wanted to rip me away from this. They wanted my wolf's head mounted on their wall as a trophy. Just to advance and be legends in the Hunter community. I don't know whether to be hurt or enraged.

"Say you're mine," Luca mumbles against my neck, probably having the same thought process as me.

I kiss his head "I'm yours, forever."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He pulls his head back, to put his forehead on mine. "You know there's no going back to Michigan now, you promised." He says semi-seriously.

"Why would I ever want to go back?"

"Maybe you miss someone." He mumble quietly.

I sigh "I don't think you get it, there's only one thing I need in life, my family. You are now a part of my family, and....."

"And what?"

"And there's no one I'd rather have a family with."

I watched his lips curve into a bright smile "Are you asking me if I want you to have my kids?"

I look slightly down, shrugging my shoulders.

He nudges my nose with his, making me look up at him "I wouldn't have it any other way Red."

It is my turn to smile.

"I love you, Luca."

"I know." He says smugly.

I playfully scoff, yanking his hair back firmly.

He gives a deep chuckle "I love you Red."

I looked behind me when I hear the steady pace of someones running footsteps. Ace came into my line of view, sweaty and panting, dread and worry lining his face.

"He's gone, I don't know how but he is." Ace said breathlessly.

I looked back to Luca, whose face contorts into confusion, along with mine "Who?"

"Sebastian, we went to question him, but his cage was empty." Ace say, clearly confused and fustrated.

I once again looked towards Luca, this time his eyes turns black with rage.

"What do you mean, how is that possible!" Luca says, frustrated and pissed.

"I don't know, but there was a note left in his place." Ace gives a slip of paper to Luca.

Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't have had me design your dungeon brother. Your abomination of a mate will be gone soon enough.

-S

Luca crumples the paper and throws it against the wall.

"Hey," I coo softly, bringing my hand to his cheek softly, getting the same response as last time " it'll be okay, we'll get through this."

"Promise?"

"Promise."