Chapter Ten

It had only been moments after they returned that Luca drops me and Miah off. No one had said anything the whole ride but when I looked in the rearview I could see Ace looking at her tenderly and Miah returning the expression.

When we get back we quickly take our makeup off and get comfortable on my bed, facing each other.

"Spill!" I squeal quietly, bubbling with excitement.

Her words come spilling out "Well, when he took me outside, he asked what the hell was that. I said what the hell was what. He said you dancing with that guy. I said I was just trying to have some fun. Then I said are you jealous? And he took a deep breath, and when he did that I saw a little shock of light come from his fingers. See what you do to me? he said.

He grabbed my hands. I'm losing my control just thinking of that guy with his hands on what's mine, he said. Then I said we aren't dating, so I'm not yours."

"Sassy much?"

She pushed me lightly. "Shut up. Anyway, he said actually princess, while we warlocks don't have mates like werewolves, I'm not exactly fully a warlock. I asked what he meant, he said that his mother is a werewolf, that's why he's in the pack in the first place. So while he's only half werewolf, he does have a mate, just like you.

Anyway, he explained that when he first saw me, he knew, but since I was human, he wanted to do what Luca did with you."

"Let you fall for who he is without the pressure of mateship." I finish casually.

"Exactly-granted, his powers are a part of what makes him him so-"

I nod empathetically, Since Luca had done the same thing.

"Anyway, after that I told him that it worked, cause I fell, and I fell hard. He then cupped my face and said, I'll catch you. Then we kissed." She exclaims, wiggling in her spot from happiness.

"How did our lives become a freaking movie? I mean the supernatural. The falling in love within a month. I literally thought that could never happen. That it took months to get to know someone inside and out and fall madly in love."

"Well, I think it's a formula. Love at first sight plus getting to know them so much that it feels you've known them forever equals love within a month."

I roll my eyes. "Maybe, anyway it's late, and we have a long day tomorrow."

She gets up only to turn back to me with a confused look on her face. "Wait, what's happening tomorrow?"

"Well, Luca said it's kind of a day camp thing. All the high up werewolves from this pack and their mates are spending a day with high up werewolves and their mates from the neighboring packs to strengthen alliances."

"Well, I see how that would include you. You're the future Alpha female, but how does this involve me?"

I smirk "The high up wolves include the top five warriors in the pack."

Her eyes widen. "Ace is the number one warrior in this pack."

"He didn't tell you? Wait, don't answer that. He probably was too busy looking for treasure in your esophagus."

She glares at me. "Not funny." Then she walks off to her room.

I turn off my lights and lay down, not prepared for the dream that washes over me.

I am walking down a hallway when an ear spliting howl rings through the air. It leads me down some steps, into what looks like a basement. Concrete walls, no, wooden, no, painted. The setting shifts and turns in a dizzying mirage.