Chapter Six

The next few weeks went as usual, the feeling of anticipation only growing but I decide to ignore it.

I'm putting some new books away, when I hear the bell ring. In marches Luca, determination radiating from his stature. He scans the store until his eyes lock with mine.

He marches over to me, takes the books from my hands and puts them on top of the shelf, and then grabs my hands "Okay, this past month has been amazing right?"

"Yes." I say suspiciously.

"And you see that I'm a good guy and that I'm seriously into you and we connect, have crazy chemistry and that we would work well together right?"

"Luca where are you going with this?"

"Please go on a date with me." he begs.

In the corner of my eye I see the girls and Ace looking at us in suspense, but I'm too stunned to throw a glare their way. My last shred of caution push through "Luca I don't-"

"Please, Red." he cuts me off. "I've never felt this way with anyone, and I know you feel the same way. Just please give me a chance, a real chance to prove myself. If you don't enjoy it, I'll leave you alone, I promise."

My heart drops at the thought of never seeing Luca again, and with that all hesitation dissolves. "Okay, I'll go on a date with you."

He gives me a bright smile, then picks me up and spins me around."Luca!" I squeal.

He sets me down, but still has his arms wound firmly around my waist, his head in the crook of my neck. " Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me, Red."

He takes a step back, taking my hands in his. "I'll pick you up at 7, wear something you're comfortable walking in."

I give him a questioning look, but he's already heading out the door. I smile to myself as I put the rest of the books away.

"So" I turn around to see the three banes of my existence grinning smugly.

"You're finally going out with him, huh?" Miah says with wiggling eyebrows.

I roll my eyes "Shut it you."

...

That night, Miah helps me get ready. "Stay still." She demands, yanking my hair into the final braid.

"Your the one yanking my head in two."

"It's called boxer braids, Dutch to be exact." She states proudly, tying my hair off.

I stand up facing her "French, Dutch, Russian, Sweden, I don't care. I'd call it torture Miah."

"You're so dramatic."

"You're no better." I stick my tongue out at her, which she does back.

I go to the bathroom to check my appearance; I smooth out my top, and get a good look at my hair with strategic wavy strands hanging out to frame my face. I look good. I think. I've never felt more like a teenage girl than in this moment, fretting over my outfit before a date.

I hear the door bell ring "Oh that's probably your future husband." Miah says while skipping towards the door.

"For god sakes Miah, it's just a date." I yell after her.

"The first of many I hope." I hear Luca say.

I move Miah out of the way and take her place at the door. "Depends on how this one goes."

He looks me up and down, a heat following his gaze "You look gorgeous Red." He then sticks his hand out for me to grab "Shall we?"

I grab his hand "We shall."