"-.Chapter 19-."

[~]Third POV[~]

"I love you too, Alastor.."

Alastor stopped their dancing within an instant, his grin gone and eyes wide. Her voice was music to his ears. Like a song he'd want to listen to on repeat. {Y/N} stared up at him with worry, afraid she had spoken much too soon. But she didn't. To Alastor, it was the perfect response to what he had said. And for once, his expression turned to one of pure happiness.

"Your voice sounds so very lovely, my doe.." Alastor breathed out as he pushed a loose hair out of {Y/N's} face. He pulled her to his chest, holding her close as they resumed slowly swaying with the music. This was a night to remember, one they would celebrate. And one they would cherish.

"Thank you, I think.. I think I-I'm starting to get the hang of it..! I wanted to surprise you!" And that was true. She had trouble speaking when she wasn't feeling.. murderous. But she had practiced every chance she got, and now she could speak. But that would be something only Alastor would be able to hear the most. Her voice was her gift to both of them. And they'd be able to understand each other much, much better. And now {Y/N} could say what she wanted rather than shake her head and shrug.

"Well it's a wonderful surprise, my doe~!" And he meant it. He couldn't get enough of it. Her melodic voice was something he dreamt of hearing. All his ideas of what her voice would sound like were nothing compared to now. The two fell into a comfortable silence as they swayed, holding each other close. They had finally confessed how they felt for one another, all they could feel was happiness and passion. Passion for one another. After three songs, Alastor spoke.

"{Y/N}, dear.. What is it you want us to be..?" {Y/N} let a thoughtful hum, causing Alastor to nearly melt.

"Can we.. Can we be t-together..? Be lovers..?" She hid her face in Alastor's chest, becoming shy as the question tumbled out of her mouth. The radio host chuckled as he stroked {Y/N's} {H/C} locks.

"Of course, my doe. That would be perfect." {Y/N} beamed instantly, snapping her head up to look at her now lover, Alastor. She always imagined them being together, and now it was happening. It was much better than what she could have ever imagined. Today was now her favorite day. Alastor kissed {Y/N} gently, closing his eyes as she did the same.

The butterflies would never stop. And they were both perfectly alright with that. It just meant they loved each other. And that was that.

As the night went on, the ball room began to empty. To the point people were starting to clean up the large room and the musicians were packing up their instruments. Alastor finally stopped their dancing, leading his lover to the exit. It was time for them to go home and enjoy the company of each other and the quiet manor. Each others company was enough. More than enough, even.

Alastor pushed open the manor door, allowing his now lover in before closing the door and locking it. He let out a sudden yawn before shrugging out of his coat and draping it over the chair next to the coffee table. The night was enjoyable, but he never noticed it made him tired. Alastor figured his doe was likely tired as well. He turned towards her, removing her gloves ever so gently and setting them with his coat, he then released her hair from the bun, allowing her soft locks to flow across her shoulders and back.

"I'm sure your scalp feels sore after having your hair in a bun all evening, my dear.. Are you in need of rest..?" He bent down to get his face in front of hers, his hands upon her shoulders as he looked for a sign of body language. It was such a habit that it kept surprising him when she spoke.

"A small bit, but I think I can go for a little while longer, hm?" {Y/N} lifted her head up with a bright smile. She truly could be a ray of sunshine.