~.+*💍Chapter 22💍*+.~

October 1, 1932

[~]Third POV[~]

      Alastor walked with his buddy, carrying his rifle carefully, not exactly wanting to cause an accident, although it would be rather entertaining. His fellow's voice sounded as if it were a bee's buzz as he drowned out whatever the hell he was speaking of. He didn't exactly enjoy this man's company, all he talked about was money. And he wasn't the brightest, and then later wondered why all his ideas didn't make him richer.

      He perked up when his friend gasped, beginning to crouch while his arms slowly raised his own rifle towards the shrubs. Alastor looked over to see a deer, who had just stumbled into the area in search of something, or simply traveling. Alastor copied the man's movements, his grin becoming bigger at the thought of surprising his precious doe with a catch. 

      "Alastor, my dear friend, I never understood why you treat your woman as if she is some kind of royalty. If anything she is supposed to be treating you as such, you're aware of that, correct? Or are you simply trying to keep her buttered up until you two are wedded?" Alastor's grin dropped slightly, he never exactly agreed with the mindset majority of men had. It was unpleasant, and rather unhealthy, and showed that those that thought women were slaves, couldn't do things on their own. 

      "Well, I will say your assumption of 'keeping her buttered up' is completely inaccurate. I love my fiancee, so I will treat her as such." He turned off the safety upon his weapon, already irritated with the fellow. Maybe this hunting trip wasn't such a good idea.

      "But everyone knows that's a woman's role if men are working constantly just for them to stay home." It was clear he had grown slightly angered at Alastor's response.

      "Are you forgetting so easily that my darling {Y/N} works with me..? I'm unsure why you're speaking about this topic so easily when you yourself do not have a partner." Alastor glared through the corner of his eyes at the man who had spoken such nonsense. Alastor was a horrible person, of course, but he knew people like his "fellow" were worse. 

      The man set down his rifle and turned his head completely to the brunette beside him, brows furrowed with now frustration. "I'm unsure why you're so obsessed with that lady. If anything, she's one of the least attractive women I had ever laid eyes on. When you first mentioned having a woman, I thought she'd be more appealing. {Y/N} is too hideous, and seems as if she doesn't listen well." Now Alastor had grown close to livid.

      "I suggest you keep quiet about your opinion of my soon to be wife. She is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and will ever know. And even if she were hideous, I'd still love her the same. She his quite the lovely person, and someone I have claimed as mine while many other wish they could say the same. As far as I can tell, you are either jealous that I can say that, or simply a bad man." Alastor shot the deer, making the man beside him jump with a shout. "And she is far braver than you." He said after observing that very moment.

      "I'll be the one to rid her of her purity first, so it doesn't much matter that you are going to marry her, in the end." 

      Alastor froze. And so did his demon. Without a second thought, he slammed the back of gun into the man's face, watching as blood flew through the air and began to drip down the man.s face as he released a pained cry. 

      "What the hell-!?" He did it again. 

      "I told you.." He shoved the man to the ground, climbing on top of him and slamming the rifle onto his face again. "to shut the hell up!" He brought it down again. Alastor threw the rifle into the shrubs, to be sure the man couldn't grab it, and then rolled up his sleeves as he stared at the man with wide, crazed, eyes. No one would speak about {Y/N} like that, or threaten her wellbeing especially.