꧁⊱Chapter 21⊰꧂

~+*Y/N's POV*+~

     "Will you marry me..?"

      I stared at him, eyes drowning in my own tears. The amount of pure joy I felt was indescribable. A grin was painted across my face, and I couldn't stop it. I was just too happy. The entire ballroom was silent, and Alastor stared at me, waiting ever so patiently for an answer, I could see the nervousness through his eyes, which was a rare thing to see. He truly meant that question from the bottom of his heart, which somehow made me smile grow even more.

      Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I nodded my head quickly, going to wipe away my tears quickly. All the people occupying the room began to applaud, their cheers being cheered for Alastor and I. I had day dreamed of him asking me such a thing, yet I never thought it'd become reality. I gasped as I felt the all to familiar arms wrap around my waist, lifting me up and spinning me in a circle. He was laughing, and for the first time, I saw tears drop from his eyes. Oh, how glad I was they were happy tears.

      Alastor plopped me down, tracing his hands up to my face and cupped my cheeks, smiling down at me, and I stared up at him. This is for sure going to be one of the best days of my life, if not, the best. He took my left hands ever so delicately, taking the ring from the small box and placing it upon my ring finger. It fit so perfectly. I looked back up at my now fiancee, wrapping my arms around his neck as he bent down and placed his lips upon mine. I could never describe the amount of passion and love I feel every time he kisses me, every time he touches me, every time he says my name. Even I didn't know how much I loved him, it was simply too much.

      He pulled away, his breath fanning against my neck as he rested his head within the crook of my neck the best he could. I giggled and raised my hands to his soft brown hair, gently combing my fingers through his hair, Alastor humming in return. The people around us resumed their dancing, the music becoming upbeat once more. Alastor began to sway us, a slow dance in a way.

      "I am so ecstatic you said yes, my love~!" Alastor suddenly stood straight, placing his hand upon my waist as he grabbed my other hand, staring at the ring he had placed on my finger for a moment. He pulled my hand towards him, kissing it softly before twirling me around.

      "Tonight, we celebrate our new status in our relationship, my doe~! After all, you are to be my wife soon!" Just hearing the last part come from him sent me into a blissful daydream. I laughed happily, leaning my head back as he twirled me in circles. I couldn't think of anyone I would be happier with. I truly believed Alastor and I were perhaps meant for one another. Or at least I hoped so.

      As he and I danced to the rhythm of the music and the rhythms of our content hearts, I felt nothing but disbelief. I couldn't process what had happened not too long ago, yet my heart did. Every time I thought back to that moment those butterflies just moved again and again, I felt as if I were floating over and over. It was such an odd feeling, yet so blissful. We spun again, but my heart dropped.

      With each spin the lights became more of a red color, with each step the sound of chatting and laughter faded from my sense of hearing. I blinked. I wasn't spinning anymore or being dipped, there wasn't music anymore. There was, but it wasn't music, it was a tune that had your heart sinking lower and lower and thumping faster and faster. I looked around, odd humane creatures spinning around. Many had red skin, and their tails swayed as they spun, horns sticking out of the heads of many. Their teeth were fanged and sharp, some looked as if they resembled some sort of animal. My hearing was consumed with the sound of radio static as I watched the door burst open, a police officer holding a gun towards me with a bullet hole leaking with blood from his chest, where his heart would be. My eyes widened as I began to back away. I snapped my head in front of me as I heard Alastor's voice, except it sounded as if it were over a radio.