.•☼Chapter 24☼•.

The Awakening

.•*Y/N's POV*•.

One moment I was bleeding out in my husband's arms, barely able to do anything. The next, my eyes opened to a dark abyss, my demon standing not too far away from me. I slowly stood up,  confused. I didn't feel the need to breath, I felt nothing on my skin, I just seemed empty of life. Maybe that's why I'm here, I died, after all. I outstretch a hand towards my demon, tempted to ask questions. Then I realized that I no longer wore my dress, I was just naked. At least no one was there to see.

"Am I dead?" I asked my demon. It's head turned towards me before it came closer.

"Yes, and now we are one." It's claws outstretched like my hand, as if we were mirroring one another, and where our hands should've intertwined, we fused. A red X began to glow at the center of my chest, my demon had completely fused with me, and then death consumed me again.

~~~~

A deep red sky was all I saw when I awakened, with dead trees surrounding me. I slowly sat up, feeling as if my body had changed, as if there were more parts a part of me. My hand was the first thing I noticed, I was much paler than I remember, nearly grey, and I had sharp nails, almost like claws. My tongue ran across my teeth, startled by the sharpness I was greeted with. What was I? Where was I? I grumbled as I pushed myself onto my feet, raising a brow as I watched a dark red dress come into view, which had a slit at the front, revealing long black heel boots that went halfway up my pale thighs, black shorts covering the private area. It was an odd style compared to what I was used to, and different compared to trends, but I found myself liking it.

I perked up to the sound of a busy city and chaos, looking towards the sound to see lights lighting up the darkness. It was a city! I looked behind me to see creatures forming out of a red magic. I stared for a long moment before looking back towards the city, spotting a large sign at the edge of the trees. I walked towards it with curiosity, wanting to know as much as I could. I was dead, but if I was then why was I here? I finally emerged from the dead trees, gasping as I read the words upon the sign.

'Welcome to Hell!'

~~~~

✡︎Alastor's POV✡︎

I sat up abruptly, my hand reaching towards the abyss as if I was still watching my wife be killed. Wasn't I shot..? I looked around, confused by the abyss and by how exposed I was. I stood up, turning around to see the shadow I hadn't seen in months. It smiled, walking forward with his hands behind his back.

"Where might I be?" I asked.

"You'll discover that soon enough, my fellow. But today is the day we become one, the day I have been waiting for ever since you first grabbed the blade of sin! Come, it's time." His transparent hand reached out, which my own mirrored hand did. This was rather odd, but curiosity got the better of me. Where his hand was supposed to touch mine, we fused, and once his face combined with mine, I lost my senses again.

~~~~

A red sky, a sky that reminded me of blood. I grunted as I sat up, feeling as if I were seeing things. But I wasn't. I saw a long black staff in my lap, which had a odd tip that looked like a microphone. I reached out for it, startled by my hands. They were black, and the tip of my fingers were red, as well as the claws I now had. I got up, surprised by the black and red strands that tickled the skin along my face. I had long hair..? Odd. How long had I been asleep? Perhaps I was still-