Chapter 47

Before they had even realized it, months had already gone by and winter was going to be starting soon. Naruto had spent a lot of time with Minato going over information they had and trying to come up with an idea of what the enemy was planning. Minato had told Naruto everything he knew about Danzo, but even then, they didn't know much since Danzo was always so good at being secretive.

Obito and Rin had started to date regularly again, and to Naruto's joy, it seemed like nothing had changed between the two. They seemed to pick up exactly where they had left off, though Rin decided to start working in the hospital instead of going on missions. Kakashi on the other hand took more missions with the ANBU and was gone most of the time.

Naruto was walking through the streets of the village after having some ramen when he suddenly bumped into Itachi and his mom. "Hi Itachi! I haven't seen you for a while. How are you doing?"

"Big brother Naruto! Guess what?" Itachi ran up to Naruto with a big grin on his face. "I'm going to be a big brother soon!"

Sasuke... Naruto had a small smile on his face as his thoughts went to his best friend. "That's great, Itachi! I know that you are going to be an awesome big brother!" As he patted the top of Itachi's head he turned towards Itachi's mom. "Congrats, Mikoto. That is wonderful news."

"Thank you Naruto, that is very kind of you to say."

"It's no problem at all." Naruto couldn't help but feel happy, because he finally felt like he had his friend back. "I am very happy for your family." Suddenly, as he was talking, Naruto felt something cold land on his face and when he looked up he saw the most wonderful sight.

"Oh my, it started snowing." Mikoto was smiling up at the sky before turning to Itachi. "This is the first snowfall of the year isn't it, Itachi?"

"Yeah, it is! Now whenever I think of snow I will remember how happy I was when I found out I was going to get a little brother!"

Mikoto was laughing quietly as she looked at her son. "How do you know it's a boy? You could end up having a little sister."

"Nope! It's going to be a brother, I just know it!"

"Haha, alright Itachi. If you say so, then it must be true."

Naruto was smiling to himself as he watched Itachi and his mom talk about Sasuke. Well you aren't wrong Itachi, but I won't tell you that. "Well I better get going now. I have to make a report to the Hokage, ya know. Congrats again!"

"Thank you, Naruto. We'll see you around. Take care of yourself, okay?" Mikoto rushed up and gave Naruto a quick hug before turning around to start walking away.

"Bye Mikoto, bye Itachi!" Naruto continued to watch until they were both out of view, still lost in his own thoughts. It's kind of weird being around when Itachi and his mom find out she is pregnant with Sasuke. Though I guess I'm going to have to get used to it since there's only a short amount of time left until all of my friends are born. Naruto continued to smile to himself as he walked to the Hokage's office to talk to his dad.

"You look awfully happy. Did something good happen on your way here?" Minato was looking at the bright smile Naruto had on his face as he walked into his office. "I haven't seen you this happy in a while."

"I haven't felt this happy for a long time."

Minato knew what he was talking about. Even though he knew that Naruto was doing better, the trauma that Naruto had gone through had put a lot of stress on his mind, making it really hard to feel truly happy about anything. "What happened?"

"I met Itachi and his mom on my way here. Itachi's mom is pregnant."

Ah, yes. I get it now. A smile appeared on Minato's face as he looked at Naruto. "That means it is your friend, right?" He didn't need an answer. As soon as he saw the smile widen on Naruto's face, he knew he was right. "I'm happy for you. It's good to know that things are getting better in this time-line."