Chapter 11

"Your mission is to gather information in this village near our border with the Land of Lightning." Team Minato was listening intently to their mission instructions from the Hokage. "We believe that a team from the Hidden Cloud Village has entered our borders and are staying at this village. You are to find out if these rumors are indeed true, and to find out which Cloud Shinobi are the ones there."

"Yes sir!" Rin, Obito and Kakashi all spoke at the same time.

"You got it, Gramps!" Naruto spoke with a thumbs up and huge smile. Finally a mission! I was getting so bored.

"You know it's only intel gathering, right Naruto?" Kurama mentioned, a little too sarcastically.

"Well yeah, but I still get to leave the village, so I'm okay with that!" Naruto just mentally rolled his eyes at Kurama.

"Alright then. Why don't you all gather everything you'll need and we will meet at the front gates in one hour. I have something else to discuss with Lord Hokage." Minato instructed his team on the next steps.

Rin, Obito and Kakashi all left to get ready with a nod of their heads. Naruto spared a glance at his dad. What are you talking to him about, old man? Naruto then looked to the Hokage, who nodded at Naruto that everything was okay. With reassurance that his secret wouldn't be told, he left to get ready.

"Now, Minato. What would you like to talk to me about?" He figured it was about Naruto, but he decided to ask out of politeness.

"It's about Naruto, sir." Minato started. Where should I begin? "I found him unconscious in his apartment earlier, and I know that he hasn't been getting any sleep. I'm worried about him and was wondering if you could tell me what you saw in his memories. I want to be able to help him." Minato was sincere in his worries. He really did want to help Naruto.

"I can't tell you that, Minato. I'm sorry."

"But why Lord Hokage?! He's a part of my team, and I can't just have him passing out during a mission. I need to be able to do something!" Minato was silenced by the Hokage.

"I know you are worried about him, Minato, and that's fine, but I made a promise to Naruto himself. It is not my place to say. You will have to talk to him directly."

"Lord Hokage, please! Is there anything you can tell me?!" Minato was frustrated now. He just wanted answers, and he was positive that Naruto wouldn't tell him.

"All I can tell you is that Naruto has had a very hard past. He is suffering from severe trauma because of that. It will just take time, but I am sure that being on your team will do him great good." With that said, the Hokage dismissed Minato to go and get himself ready for his mission.

Man...I guess I'm just going to have to be more observant of Naruto while we are on our mission. Maybe then I can get some more information. But what trauma could Lord Hokage be talking about? Minato was thinking this to himself as he arrived at the front gate to meet his team. Rin and Kakashi were already there waiting. "Hello Rin, hey Kakashi! Are the other two here yet?" Minato figured Obito would be late, but he was more concerned with Naruto.

"No, they aren't." Kakashi answered plainly and then went to sit down to wait for who knows how long until the others got there.

Obito was the next to arrive. "Sorry I'm late! I had to help this old lady carry her groceries home, and then she wouldn't stop talking so it took me forever to get away! But I'm here now!"

"You're such a loser. Can't you just stop making stupid excuses and show up on time like a real ninja?" Kakashi was chewing Obito out...again.

"Well, now all we have to do is wait for Naruto." Minato let out a sigh as he kept his eye out for him.