Chapter 35

Naruto woke up to the feeling of cold metal against him. When he tried to move, he found out that his wrists and ankles were tied down to a table. Great, this is just what I need. Naruto struggled against the ties to try and loosen them, but stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"It's pointless to try and break free." The voice was dark, and held the air of authority with it.

Naruto scowled as he looked at the man that stepped out of the shadows, letting out a growl as he spoke. "Danzo."

Danzo didn't show any emotion as he looked at Naruto. "You have become quite a nuisance lately, boy."

"Well, I don't really like doing things by the rules ya know." Despite the menace in Danzo's voice, Naruto spoke back sarcastically, making Danzo even angrier.

"Why you insolent brat." Danzo was about to reach out to Naruto when another voice spoke up from the corner of the room.

"That's enough, Danzo. We still need him, remember." Zetsu appeared next to Danzo. "Don't let his foolish ramblings provoke you."

"Hey, look, Aloe guy is here too." Being in the predicament that he was in, Naruto wasn't sure why he felt like being so cheeky, but he still continued. "Now all we need is that psycho old-timer and we can all have a party to celebrate our reunion."

"You are asking for trouble, Naruto." Kurama suddenly spoke up, making Naruto laugh.

"Well, I'm trapped here, I'm bored and I really hate Danzo. So why not mess with him a little."

Kurama just rolled his eyes at Naruto's attitude. Secretly he was just glad that Naruto was acting more and more like his old self. "You are impossible, Kit."

Naruto was laughing to himself when he was snapped out of it by Danzo yelling at him.

"You pathetic fool." Danzo punched Naruto in the stomach as he spoke. "You have the gall to laugh and joke about your situation?"

"Danzo, we have been instructed not to touch him." Zetsu lectured Danzo for his behavior. "He is trying to make you angry. Just ignore him."

"Tch. Well he had better have a good plan. I want Sarutobi and Minato taken care of."

As soon as Danzo spoke Madara's sinister voice could be heard from every corner of the room. "My dear Danzo. I have the best plan." Madara started laughing as he finally came into view. "Naruto here has this flaw, he cares too much. So we are going to make him hurt those he cares about. But first, we are going to make him suffer a little bit."

What? Naruto suddenly felt an overwhelming feeling of fear. His face must have shown what he was feeling, because Madara suddenly spoke up, certainty in his voice.

"Whatever it is you're thinking of Naruto, it's probably going to be worse." Madara turned towards Danzo before speaking up again. "You see, he may be strong and powerful. But everything needs balance, even power. And it so happens that this boy is quite vulnerable when it comes to genjutsu. And that just happens to be my specialty."

"I'm not going to let you hurt everybody!" Naruto yelled in frustration. He was angry that he couldn't break the bindings that were holding him down, and he kept struggling at them as he yelled. "I will not let you win! EVER!"

"It's too bad that you won't have a choice."

Suddenly Naruto found himself standing on an empty battlefield. What the hell?! As Naruto looked around, he saw the familiar sight of already fallen comrades, and those left standing were falling quickly. "No...not again."

"You truly have an unfortunate past." Madara spoke up from behind Naruto. "Help me now, and I'll make sure you never have to go through this sort of pain again."