Chapter 9

It was only two days later when Naruto was able to leave the hospital. Man, I have got to get some new clothes. These ones are torn to shreds now. Naruto thought to himself as he got dressed.

"Hey, has he left yet?"

"Yeah! We want to walk out with him!"

"When is he supposed to leave!"

Naruto could hear the countless number of "fans" he has acquired in the short amount of time that he has been in the hospital. They were all young girls that heard about a handsome and strong stranger that had come to the village. They were all crowded in the hallways waiting for him to leave his room. "I am so glad that my room has a window." Without saying any more, Naruto grabbed the last of his belongings and jumped out the window.

Naruto was absentmindedly walking through the village when he suddenly remembered something. Shit! I don't have any money! And I totally forgot that I don't technically live here! Where am I supposed to stay?! Naruto jumped up to sit on the roof of a building while he thought over the best option. Well the best way to earn money would be going on missions. The only problem with that is that I have a team now, and I can't go without them. I would also like to have some nicer clothes before meeting up with them, so I would need money before then to get new clothes. Dammit, I guess I'm going to have to talk to Gramps. After Naruto made up his mind, he stood up and started jumping from rooftop to rooftop to make his way to the Hokage's office.

"Oh man, they have the window open!" Naruto was laughing to himself as he decided to jump through the window into the Hokage's office.

It wasn't even a second later then he landed that he was surrounded by half a dozen ANBU all pointing kunai at him. Naruto stood unbothered, holding his hands up to show he was not a threat.

"Naruto...there is a door you know." The Hokage spoke up from behind the ANBU members, signaling to them that everything was alright.

"Oh come on Gramps! Where's the fun in that?!" Naruto stood without any regret as he spoke, noting the feeling of annoyance coming from the ANBU in the rafters. "Anyways Gramps, I was hoping I could ask you about something."

"Oh really? And what is it that I can do for you, Naruto?" The Hokage was amused at the so-called prank Naruto had pulled. There weren't many people that would enter without permission.

"Well..." Naruto started to speak, though he was nervous about needing to ask for help. "You see...I don't exactly have a place to stay while I'm here...and I haven't been able to go on any missions to earn any money...so, umm...well, you see..."

"You need some help with money, and finding a place to live." It wasn't a question. The Hokage already guessed what he was going to ask about.

"Well, yeah. Oh, but just this once, ya know!"

"Don't worry, Naruto. I already made arrangements for you. I was actually planning on summoning you as soon as you left the hospital. Though I had not received word you had left." As he said this he pulled out an envelope and a small key that he handed to Naruto. "This is the key to your new apartment and some money that will allow you to get some food and other necessities. As well as some new clothes."

Naruto was shocked. "Thank you. I promise I will pay you back once I start going on missions."

"No need to worry yourself about that." The Hokage casually brushed off Naruto. "This is something I personally wanted to do."

"Thanks Gramps...I guess I should go and get ready to meet my team tomorrow, ya know!" Naruto turned to leave, but heard the Hokage speak up before he could move any further.