Chapter 9

Keith's POV

I could hear Shiro in the background as he fought Hunk while I held Lance and focus my attention on his mate. Lotor. He was completely dominating Allura. I was shocked at how aggressive he was. I was mesmerized by his movements. His bond level is stronger with Lance than it should be. I heard a bloodcurdling scream and then silence. When Lotor turned he had blood all over him. His eyes had turned red but were soon back to their original color. Lotor raced over and stared at Lance resting in my arms. He stroked Lance's hair fondly causing me to let out a growl. Then my eyes met his and I realized what I had just done. "Shit. I'm sorry Lotor....He's your mate."

"Keith!" Called Shiro in warning. Lotor just stared then chuckled. At that me and Shiro exchanged confused glances. 

"Keith, you're fine....he's not meant to be mine....." My eyes widened in shock.

"How can you talk about your mate that way!?" Shiro snarled.

"He's not meant to be my mate!"

"I saw the way you fought. He your fated match." I hissed.

"It's one-sided!" Lotor shrieked causing me and Shiro to freeze in shock and left Lotor to continue. "The mating was out of desperation. We both wanted something we couldn't have. A bond like that can break and won't be that detrimental. Lance went into heat.....thats why I locked the door. To prevent any other Alpha from getting to him. I put my employees in there when that happens but I normally leave the room. It's for heat emergencies. It also locks me in when I go into rut in a surprise but that happened once. Look I didn't force myself on him. He asked me to be his mate. He.....as-asked....." At the last part Lotor began to sob. "But he's not mine to have!!"

 "But he's not mine to have!!"