Chapter 8

Layla's Mums POV

'Where is she?' I thought pacing up and down the house,'I sent her to the shops an hour ago. It can't take that long to just to get some stuff from the shops. Could they have come to get her?'

I picked up the phone to call Travis, if anything he could help. That's what he's meant to do.

I dialled his number into the phone. RING. RING. Pick up.

"Hello?" I hear Travis' sleepy voice through the phone.

"Hey, it's Layla's mum. You need to come over here like super quick. Layla's in trouble."

"What she's in trouble?! I'll be there in a second." He said full of life, dropping the phone.

Not five minutes later, Travis pulled up on his motorbike. He looked like hell, and got of his bike so quickly I was scared he didn't turn off the engine.

I opened the door and he bolted into the house.

"What happened?" He asked his hands on his forehead as he sat on the couch.

"I don't know. I sent her to the shops to get something and she never came back." I cried my voice slightly breaking.

"You... You sent her to the shops. Of all places, of course she's not gonna be safe outside on her own. Have you looked at the moon?" Travis was getting angry, his hands were clenched and he was running his hair through his hair.

"No, I didn't. I didn't think they'd cause any troubles this early. She hasn't even looked after the flower properly yet." My voice quivered.

"Well, if you did maybe you would've noticed that it's a full moon. That is when they're at their strongest and well since she's not developed at all, well she's at her weakest." He said with a hint of venom.

"Don't talk to me like that I'm here mother. What should we do now? If you remember, I'm not the know it all anymore."

"They've probably taken her to the forest. I hate that place it gives me the creeps. We'll go in the morning because we're too weak to get her now. Let's hope she can run, cause they like to play with their victims."

"We cant just leave her there, they could kill her. Shes vulnerable like you said." I said rasing my voice.

"They won't kill her not yet. Anyways this may just help her tap in a bit." he said with a calm voice.

I nodded as I sat down on the couch and stared at the pictures on the wall. He walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"You might as well sleep, we'll need the extra strength."

A/N hiya guys so sorry for the really late update I've just been semi stressed and stuff. I know this chapter is a little short but I hope you like its just a taster of whats to come.

Any quesions and I'lltry to repy as well as possible without giving away whats going to happen.

To start you off:

What do you think the connection between Travis and Laylas mum is? And why are they so worried?