Chapter 3

"Jeez," I hopped out of bed and sighed. It was Monday. Well this is going to be a long day....... I started getting ready for school as I thought about the day ahead.

List of stuff to do:

Tell Hailey about Kayden :-)

Talk to Kayden?? :-/

Ask Kayden about us???? :-/

Show the new kid around. :-O

Make it up to the new kid. :-/

Hand in that late homework ;-)

Babysit little sister. :-(

I groaned thinking about how I was going to get through this and stay sane today. I started on putting on my uniform; a black mid-thigh pleated skirt, with a purple sleeveless sweater and a white collared short-sleeve top. Damn, I looked so....... Blah. I looked on the mirror and took my hair out of its high ponytail. I shook my head so my hair fell evenly on my shoulders.

I went to my jewellery box and picked up a pair of silver hoops. I roamed the jewellery box and I stopped at my favourite beaded bracelets. I put them on and moved on. I rimmed my eyes with a faint line of black eyeliner and coated my eyelashes with mascara. I picked up my school bag and sorted out my bag. And lucky enough for me I had most of my lessons with Kayden. I dashed all my lip glosses in the front of my bag. There was no reason to put it on if I was about to eat.

I ran to the kitchen to find my mum cooking my favourite breakfast; toast, baked beans and scrambled eggs while Andrea my little sister sat at the table colouring in.

"Lay-lay!" she said reaching up for me to pick her up, batting her bottle green eyes. I grabbed her and put her on my hip. She was getting so big especially since she was turning 4. I put her down on a chair and greeted my mum.

"Yo mum!" I said giving her a huge hug. "I love you!!"

"Love you too darling." She said smiling.

I sat down in front of my plate and dug in. "You look nice today." She said, looking at me with her purple eyes. I averted my eyes looking at the garden plant on the window sill. It was a weird variation of a poison ivy. It was always bright, had beautiful flowers and never seemed to die. I could see it in that same place in all the memories I could remember.

"Thanks." I replied bashfully, shifting my purple eyes back to her. "Anyways I have to go now got school to go to." I picked up my bag and dashed to the door.

*****************************************************************************************************************

I met Hailey at the bus stop and we rushed onto the bus. We sat down at the back with four seats facing each other.

"Soooo..... The Party...." Hailey said casually putting her legs on the seat In front of them, revealing a pair of new laced heeled boots.

"Nice Boots," I replied trying to get her of the topic.

"This shop on..... Wait. You're trying to change the subject. Stop it. TELL ME NOW." She answered with a mischievous smile on her face.

I pretended to just get out of a daze, "Huh, but you could get in trouble for them."

"Yeah, I know." She replied smiling and pulled out a pair of black pumps. "Wait, No, Layla Nimah Maria Rose." She said quickly with a smirk on her face. "TICKLE TIME!" She said as she ticked me.

I erupted in laughter, "Okay, Okay I'll tell." I sighed in defeat, "Basically....."

"Basically... What?" She said with a nosy look on her face.

"Okay, Basically Nothing happened at the party but I stayed at his house and..." I whispered in her ear.

She exploded in a scream, "Ahhhh like Kayden, Kayden. YOU stayed at his house!!! And......" She returned to her nosy state.

"If you stop interrupting, well we kissed." I murmured.

"AHHH, YOU KISSED KAYDEN. LIKE THAT KAYDEN YOU'VE LIKED FOR AGES." She shout-whispered.

I nodded with a grin on my face. Hailey started shaking me by the shoulders. And by the way it was going she wasn't going to stop and anytime soon.

Then Luke Hailey's boyfriend walked on the bus with his sister Ruby walked onto the bus. "Hey sugar, may I ask why you're shaking Layla like a rag doll?"

"No reason." We replied at the same time as Hailey stood up to give him a hug.

"Hi Hailey, Hey Layla." Ruby said from behind Luke. Awww she is such a sweet heart. True to her name she has deep red hair that had a slight wave to it, blue eyes and a few freckles on her nose.

"Allow it, I wanna know." Luke said pleadingly. Luke had short dark brown hair that was slightly overgrown and sky blue eyes. Also he towered over Hailey at 6'2" while she was only 5'4".

We both shook our heads in sync, "Wait, we're at school already. Sorry Luke." I said as I jumped of the bus. I rushed to the school office to meet the new kid. I knocked on the door to be let into the room by the secretary. I walked into the room and was stunned by the guy standing in front of me. Damn, he definitely wasn't a kid and I had already met him. It was that guy from the party, the one I... oh yeah, also kissed.

He shattered the silence, "Oh yeah, we've met already. Haven't we sweetheart?" He said winking at me. I stood there still dazed by the fact he was actually here. Cocky...

"Well after you, you know ladies first." He said opening the door. Okay so, Cocky and Polite weird mix. I smiled at my thoughts.

"What you smiling at, babe? Travis, in case you forgot. To be honest, you were pretty smashed on Friday." He said gesturing for a handshake.

"Let's not talk about it." I said sheepishly and put my hand out. Wow he was really cute; something about him was just intriguing.

"Okay, so now we have History and since you're new I'm guessing they stuck you into most of my classes. Show me your timetable." I babbled. He put it in my hand. My eyes scanned over it. So we had everything together except he had music and I had art.

"Okay, so I guess we've got everything together except I have art and you have music."

Before he could come up with a charming remark, I chirped, "We're here."

A/N Hey guys sooooooooooooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I took long to write this. Ummm.. I hope u like it and well yeah the plot thickens there is definately more stufff to come expected or unexpected.

What do ya think of Travis? Or do you like Kayden better so far?

Comment, Vote, Fan