Chapter 4

Travis' POV

I followed Layla into the class. She sat down next to this girl, leaving me at the door giving me a little nod.

"Hey, I'm Travis and I'm new." I said sheepishly, giving an awkward wave. Everyone mumbled a silent hi and looked me up and down, stopping at my bright green eyes. Subconsciously, I broke eye contact and stared at the floor.

The awkwardness was interrupted by the teacher, "You can sit there." He said pointing at a seat next to some guy.

I looked up and walked towards the seat.

"Hey, I'm Kayden." He said looking up from his work. Ohh he was the guy who had that party.

I smiled about to start working, "And I'm Danny, wanna sit with us at lunch?" he asked nonchalantly.

"Umm.... I dunno, meant to be sticking to Layla like glue." I replied.

"Ahhhhh they can sit with us too, if you want." Danny said, slyly elbowing Kayden.

"Okay sure. I'll tell her after this." I said slowly. So Kayden has a thing for Layla... damn so she's already taken. Ahh too bad, it was a long shot anyway.

I started working, this was pretty easy to be honest. I looked up taking a breather. Layla and her friend were staring at me. And her friend looked surprised, really surprised. As soon as they noticed her friend in some kind of shock they darted back to their work. Hmmm.... that was really wierd.

Layla's POV

Well that was awkward. Especially with Hailey not taking her eyes off him. And he caught us in the act. I guess it is a bit coincidental that him and Kayden are sitting next to each other. Hailey almost bursted when I told her, not to mention she thinks he's super duper hot.

The class ended and Hailey and I ran out of the classrom. Lunch next.

"Layla, wait up." I heard Travis call from behind us. I spun on my heel. He must've been running because I bumped right into him.

"Thanks for waiting. Oh yeah Danny and Kayden told us we could sit with them at lunch."

I stopped in my tracks, "Kayden!!!" Hailey and I said in unison.

"Yup, Kayden." Travis replied he sounded a bit less cocky, "Are you guys dating?"

"Omg, no never. I don't think you are. Why??" I said frantically.

"No reason, just wondering. Would you like to go out with me on Friday." He asked trying to get away from the subject.

I bit my lip, "Sure, I guess so." To be honest Kayden's been ignoring me for the whole of the day so why not. Ahhhhh lunch was gonna be interesting.

We walked into the lunch hall and sat down. Travis and Hailey on either side. Kayden came a bit later than Danny and the others; to my surprise he was with Missie.

She was my slight arch enemy and she did everything to make my life hell; With her black straight hair pulled into a slick ponytail and her stormy colour change eyes, she was considered one of the prettiest girls in the school. And all over the guy I thought liked me. Well that's awkward.

"Oh hi Lay-la!" she said in a syrupy voice, wiping the lipstick of Kayden's mouth.

I nodded sending her evils. Kayden looked at me with a sad smile. I had to restrain myself from giving him the finger.

I looked at my drink. It was half empty but I had to get away from that table, the bad vibes were too much.

"Anyone wanna get a drink?" I sung trying to make my voice sound happier than I felt.

I hears Hailey shout, "Me, I'm empty." Me and Hailey got up and walked to the drinks table.

Then the ranting started. "That bi*ch, I'm gonna rip her hair out. She's such a damn wh*re. I hate her soo much. And him. okay he's just a pr*ck, and I thought it meant something. Well I'm not on his lead anymore, I'm done. He's gonna wish he wasn't f*cking..." Hailey tapped me on the shoulder interrupting me.

"Babes, firstly your drinks over flowing," I looked up and saw my drink was more than full and sipped some of it to empty it,"And he's not worth it and she's a sl*t. He doesn't deserve you. Also you've got Travis he's nice and interested. So its his loss." Hailey said calming me down.

"I guess, well lets go sit down." I replied thankful for my best friend.

We sat down. Travis nudged me to see if I was okay and Kayden .... well he just smirked.

A/N well hope you like this chapter, yeah Kayden's being a bit annoying and Travis is really cute. What do you think?? :)