Chapter 5

Layla's POV

After the day I'd just had, there was no way I was going home. There was only one place for me to go and that'd be the park. The only place I could go if I was angry or upset.

Soon I found myself at the park and I was calm again. I was engulfed by the smell of grass which definitely wasn't my favourite smell. I found a nice patch of grass to lay on and I laid there thinking about the day. How'd Kayden even end up a heartless prick?

IN THE PAST

"Hey, your the new girl. I'm Kayden." Kayden said reaching for a handshake.

"And I'm Layla, nice to meet you." I said reaching for his hand.

"Lay-la! Pretty name for a pretty girl." He said slowly, blushing.

"Thanks" I replied surprised, my face turning crimson. No one called me pretty before.

FLASHBACK END

I guess that's the first time we met I was new and he was really nice. He called me pretty... We were kinda close for a bit and after 6 years things can change. People grow apart and he forgot about me. But he stayed in my heart. I'd had boyfriends but he always just lingered there and when I thought I had a chance, he just used me.

Travis was nice though he's really funny and I guess my type. He was nothing like Kayden well that's what I hoped because I don't really want my heart to get broken again. I let out a long sigh, I was thinking way toooo much.

Sitting up I blew my hair out of my face and took my sketch book out. Drawing was kinda like therapy for me. I stopped my scribbling as a shadow lingered over me.

"Hi!" The person sat next to me.

I looked to my left, "Hi.. wait what are you doing here?" It was, it was Travis.

He cocked his head to the side and looked at me with puppy eyes, "I was just walking in the park and saw you over here and I thought that I would join you."

"Can you just leave me alone?!" I asked trying not to break, seriously I was not in the state right now to be near Travis. Sure he's cute but damn hell annoying as well.

"Awwww do you have a problem with me being here? Nice picture by the way." He said, pointing at the picture.

"Yes, I do." I said through gritted teeth, "I just need to be alone for now."

"Is this about Kayden??" He actually sounded sincre, I looked up and he had a mini smirk, "He's an okay guy."

"AN OKAY GUY!!!!!!" I screamed, "He broke my damn heart." Tears were streaming down my face.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't mean to make you cry." He said taken aback by my outbursts.

"I'm not crying." I huffed. Suddenly I felt Travis' arms around me, "Please stop crying I'm sorry. He's not worth it anyway." He mumbled into my hair.

"Thanks." He pulled away and looked straight into my eyes. He stroked my cheek, "Your eyes are stunning."

He got up and started walking. "Wait!" I shouted, he didn't turn back but he waved. And I was left with a smile on his face.

Travis POV

I hated to see her cry. I held her in my arms as she sobbed. Wow and it was all because of Kayden. But I need to tell her...

 "Please stop crying I'm sorry. He's not worth it anyway." I mumbled into her hair, it smelt like strawberries.

I pulled away from her and looked into those amazing purple eyes. They looked so bright but yet hurt. I needed to tell her but I know this isn't the time. All she needed was a hug and a shoulder to cry on. A  broken heart was hard to deal with.

I stroked her cheek, "Your eyes are stunning." I've got to go or soon I'm gonna lose it and tell her before I should. I got up and walked away. She stared at me with doe eyes, still slightly red.

"Wait!" I heard her shout. I waved without looking back and left with a smile on my face.

A/N I haven't updated in a while sorry. Well this is a Travis x Layla moment. What do ya think? Did you like the little Travis POV I put at the end? And what do you think he needs/wants to tell her?

Hope you like it xxx :D