Bohemian Rhapsody

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Friday 13th February 1976 ~ 13:34 ~ waxing moon

The rest of January passed by rather uneventfully for the students of Hogwarts, especially considering the explosive start to the month they endured. So the fifth and seventh years got on with their studying for the O.W.Ls that were steadily getting closer and closer.

It was Friday the thirteenth, so that meant a good few pranks were bound to occur very soon, and every student apart from the four Marauders had spent the entire day on edge, waiting for some sort of explosion or disruption of some kind to take place.

Rosie was sitting in the Great Hall, eating a turkey sandwich and scribbling down some extra notes for her upcoming Arithmancy test the following week, when she felt a droplet on her head.

She reached up her hand and felt the top of her head suspiciously, frowning even more when she noticed that it was dry. She shrugged, making sure to keep an eye out for any sort of movement around her, and went back to her notes, looking over at one of her tables to cross-reference a number.

She felt it again and looked up irritably to see the ceiling of the Great Hall was filling with grey clouds. Rosie willed herself to assume it was just replicating the weather from outside, which it was. However, the rain wasn't evaporating as it usually did.

She looked around the room and spotted a few other people touching the tops of their heads or inspecting droplets on the wooden tables.

Just then, Sirius Black strolled in wearing suspiciously thick black robes, grinning like a madman and holding a paper bag as he sat down opposite Rosie, looking around once before he did so.

"What in Merlin's pants have you done now?" she asked dryly the moment she knew she was in earshot.

"What on earth do you mean, Artois?" he asked, frowning innocently.

"What's in that bag?" she asked suspiciously, leaning back a little, getting worried now.

"What bag?"

Rosie looked back to the door quickly to see Remus and Peter walk in, too, sporting identical robes to Sirius and sitting down at the table, sandwiching Rosie in between them. She raised an exasperated eyebrow at him, becoming more fearful of whatever prank they had in store. 

"Oh dear..." she muttered, hastily packing her work into her satchel and shoving it under the table, desperate to keep it unharmed as the droplets began getting thicker and faster by the second.

Both boys wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they grinned mischievously at her.

Sirius reached into the bag, pulling out a plain black umbrella, "James made us promise to give you this."

Rosie took the thing cautiously and inspected it, checking to see if something would fall out onto her head when she opened it.

"Don't worry," Peter whispered. "That's not what the prank is."

She nodded it and lifted it above her head, frowning even more as the three boys stood up and walked over to the empty teacher's table, climbing up onto it. She watched them all take out their wands and mutter a spell, holding them up to their necks. Her eyes widened when she realised what was going to happen.

They all walked into the centre and had grabbed everyone's attention by now. Sirius tapped his foot to a rhythm, and the three began...

"Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality..."