Two · Have it Your Way

Alexandria "Alex" Wright

Once we all entered the building, cool central air immediately hit us causing me to moan out loud.

"That feels amaziiing-a! Dre when are you gonna get some air up in that piece of junk you call a car!?" I asked, locking my fingers behind my head.

Antoine laughed, that's until Dre looked back at us.

"Aye, she got a point." O'shea defended.

Dre kissed his teeth.

"When the ink dries on my contract, that's when I'll get my ride fixed! Until then, Alex take a seat and shut up!" Dre demanded.

I rolled my eyes and sighed before taking a seat in one of the lobby chairs and folding my arms.

"Happy?" I sassed.

"When you shut the hole in your face like you told me you would then maybe I would be."

I locked my lips and handed him the invisible key.

He smacked my hand away and walked up to the receptionist desk.

I smirked up at Antoine and O'shea and they just shook their heads.

Dre made it back over to us.

"They meeting us down here." he announced.

Antoine and O'shea nodded.

No later than 5 minutes, four men stepped off the elevator and approached us. One, an aged, Caucasian man with grey hair and an receding hairline. One was dark skin with a snapback on. One with a jheri curl and a full grown mustache. The last one had really caught my eye, he had a jheri curl too but he was shorter than the rest, built, and had the most gorgeous light brown eyes.

"Dre!" the short one spoke.

His voice tickled me, I wasn't expecting his voice to be that sharp.

"Aye Eazy! What's up man!?" Dre asked, shaking his hand.

"Nothin' much man, tryna get down to business with these contracts."

"No doubt, no doubt. You remember Antoine and O'shea, don't you?"

Eazy nodded, shaking their hands.

"Y'all remember Jerry Heller," Eazy pointed to the aged, Caucasian man. "This is MC Ren," he pointed to the dark skin brother with the snapback. "And this is Arabian Prince." he pointed to the one with the jheri curl and mustache.

They all greeted one another.

"Who's this?" Eazy asked, pointing at me.

Oh no.

I looked down at my white, high-top, freestyle Reeboks.

"Oh, that's just my step-sister-"

"Let her speak for herself." Eazy said, cutting Dre off mid-sentence.

The whole lobby erupted in laughter.

I looked up at Dre, seeing if it was okay for me to speak.

He nodded in approval.

"I'm Alexandria Wright, but everyone calls me Alex for short." I introduced myself, reaching my hand out to shake his.

"Wright? Is that with a W?" he asked, smiling.

"Sure is." I nodded, returning to smile.

"Well, I'm Eric Wright, that's with a W also but everyone calls me Eazy."