Four · Hustler's Prayer

This chapter is dedicated to @baeflower_123 'cause that's bae lol. She kept me laughing and motivated to write through the lil' stomach bug I caught sometime last week. Thank you boo, I just wanted to let you know that, that meant a lot to me so, here's your chapter. 🌺

Alexandria "Alex" Wright

Once again, I found myself sitting in one of the lobby chairs of Ruthless Records! 

Reason why? I'm sure you guessed it already but, Andre! He claimed  him and the boys had something important to discuss about that damn song they've been working on for almost a week now! Psh, I'm almost sure their still stuck on the subject of who's gonna rap it! 

I can never have any fun but at least I bought my Walkman along with me this time so that I could listen to my new Anita Baker Rapture cassette tape. 

 "Reaching out for another chance at heaven

We could still find a way if we try 

Baby, believe in the mystery 

Like it use to be 

We were more than lonely drifters in the dark..."

I sung along softly to "Mystery" while purposely chewing obnoxiously on my Bazooka bubblegum as the annoying female receptionist eye'd me in irritation from her desk. I smirked in satisfaction as she kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes, returning em' back to her Vogue magazine.

HA! Like she would EVER look even CLOSE to one of those beautiful ass woman! 

The only reason she was putting up with my nonsense is because Dre flirted his way into getting her to look after me. Like, I ain't gonna be 18 in just a few more weeks! She playin' herself if she even THINKS Dre would EVER want an Chickenhead like herself, hmph! 

We both diverted our attention towards the entrance when a brown skin female, dressed in all black from head to toe with messy, big hair that I simply loved; scrolled in from the heat. 

She smiled at me and I returned it, watching her strut towards the receptionist desk.  

After seeing her and the Chickenhead exchange a few words and hand gestures, she walked away and took a seat, two chairs down from me. 

I didn't want to keep staring at her so, I went back to what I was doing before which was singing softly. 

15 minutes had passed by before I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I pushed my headphones back on my neck and looked to my right, locking eyes with the brown skin female from earlier. It wasn't until then that I had noticed her eyes were hazel. 

"Hi, I'm Michel'le Toussaint." she squeaked with a smile, holding her hand out. 

My eyes widened. 

She sounded like a child! Not that it wasn't cute but, I wonder was it forced? 

I cleared my throat and fixed my eyes before introducing myself. 

"Hi, I-I'm Alexandria Wright but everyone calls me Alex. Nice to meet you Michel'le." I smiled, grabbing her hand and giving it a nice shake. 

"Nice to meet you too Alex. You related to Eazy or somethin'?" 

"Oh," I giggled, shaking my head. "No, no. It is pretty amusing that we share the same last name though."

She giggled along with me. 

"Yeah true. Are you thinking about signing here too?" 

"Nope, I'm actually just waiting on my step-brother."