Workin' on Me

ASHANTI POV.
I picked up Kayla from school. I missed my baby girl. If nothing made me smile, I know she would. I planted kisses on her face leading her to my car. I noticed a message from Trey, but I wasnt 'gonna answer it. It's enough going on, I just need time with my baby. I decided to drive to Macy's, driving past a two peice red dress. It was the dress mama always wanted. Should I get it? I took Kayla 'outta the car and headed inside. That's not her size. I need a size 12. I turned around bumping into somebody. "Sir, I'm sor-", "August"? My eyes sped up and my heart stated pounding. I never knew how to control my emotions around him. "Baybe, it's notcha fault, listen I wanted to apologize-". "Its okay, I know how you feel about me". "Ya' actually don't". My phone began ringing and it was Chris. Listen I'll talk to you later okay. I walked away with mixed up feelings. "This nigga got me wet". Leaving the dress at the store I quickly drive home.

"Kayla what do you want for dinner"? She ignored me so I decided to just order some pizza. The door rang, thinking it was the pizza man I grabed my wallet. Opening the door, "How much do you greedy people want"? "Accually I was wondering if we could talk"? My eyes grew wide. This really wasn't the time. I didn't want him to see Kayla. "Sure", I greeted him with a fake smile, allowing him to come inside. I'm gonna regret it.