Freaks

Im done acting like Kiara wouldnt drive some shit like an old volkswagen beetle , because really the car she drives in the show is not her style. so here, im fixing it. 

-

The tires to Kiaras vintage beetle screeched as her and Pope stared at the mansion in front of them.

"tell me that's not.."

"Toppers house." Kiara finished popes sentence. He gulped nervously

"Look you don't have to come, I know with what he did to you on the golf course you should probably be hesitant-"

"What and let you go alone? hell no." Pope said. His fears of kooks aside, he wasn't going to let Kiara go into that house lone which from the looks of it was being occupied by a party. 

There was cheers coming from the backyard and loud splashes of water, Kiara figured it was from his pool as she'd been to his house once or twice years ago with Sarah. Music poured out the windows and doors, the teens watched as a few kids their age stumbled past the car, clearly intoxicated. 

Kiara exhaled trying to work up some confidence, they just needed to get in there, get their friend and get out. 

It took the two pogues a few minutes but they finally got out of the vehicle, walking up the pathway to the house.

"Just.. just keep our heads down and we'll get out in one piece " Pope whispered 

"Yes i know that!" Kiara whisper yelled sassily. she felt the hair on her arms stand up, maybe it was because it was getting dark so it was a little bit chillier, but she was pretty sure she was just nervous. 

"So what's the plan?" Pope asked softly as they walked into the house, dodging and slipping through fucked up rich kids. 

"Well his house is three stories, you check the top floor ill check outside and the first floor, we'll meet on the second one. Keep your phone on, in case of trouble" Pope said, brains of the operation per usual. He noticed how nervous the girl looked so he took her hand giving it a reassuring squeeze before they split off. 

Kiara knew shed stick out like a sore thumb if she kept looking as rigid and nervous as she was, so she did her best to look relaxed as she headed to the back yard. Now wishing shed smoked a joint on the way here. Her eyes scanned the group as she stood on the back porch, she recognized a few people she'd been acquainted with years ago, and some she didn't recognize despite the probability of knowing them for years, it wasn't rare that rich folk on the island got plastic surgery with all their money and free time. At least one girl a year would come back from summer break with a completely different nose than she'd had four months ago.

She didn't see the blonde spaz out there, so she walked back into the house. Her eyes widened seeing Topper and Kelce, she quickly took a detour and nearly escaped.

"Kiara!" His voice boomed over the music and she froze in her tracks turning to see Rafe Cameron. He looked like shit, the boy had dark circles, apparently you can't sleep easy when you're a cop killer. His pupils blown huge thanks to his drug addiction, and something about his face was just sinister. He took several steps toward the girl, she quickly took quite a few backwards

"Let me get you a drink, you finally ditch those broke losers?" Rafe asked, clearly too coked out to remember the attempt he made on her life at the junkyard when Pope, JJ and her were getting the phantom to help John B and Sarah escape.

She was overwhelmed, suddenly remembering his grip tight on her throat, the life being suffocated out of her, if he'd slaughtered the sheriff so mercilessly, killing her would be an easy game for him.