Someone who loves you could never tear into you like that

Kiara had stayed the night at the chateau with JJ and they slept on the pullout couch, neither of them were strong enough to sleep alone. Both hung off the edge of the mattress practically the whole night, not wanting to accidentally touch the other. Kie had her back turned to him the whole night too.

Kiara got up leaving early in the morning leaving a note that she went back to get ready and that she'd see him at the funeral.

Most of the island had come to the funeral, not for John b, but for Sarah. The Pogues sat together during the speeches everyone gave, no one had a word to say for John B. John B and Sarah were innocent and that's all Kie could think of as she listened to shallow strangers give speeches on how they would be missed. It was wards fault and she wanted justice, but Pope must have read her mind and leaned over in time to remind her to chill out.
By the time the service had ended, the Pogues knew they needed their own time so they hung around after the service till they were by themselves. Pope, JJ and Kiara all sat on the ground next to the freshly piled dirt.

JJ glanced at Kiara, she was the only one of the Pogues that hadn't let a tear or two slip during the service.

"This is such bullshit" she said quietly but quickly her voice got louder

"They deserve justice. I can't believe this shit. Guys we need to go to the cops and tell them exactly what happened" Kiara said starting to stand up

"Kiaras nobody gonna believe a bunch of teenagers, and especially not us." JJ said and they all started getting up

"No I won't accept that"

"He's right Kie there's not much we can do" Pope chimes in

"God Kiara you're just saying that so you can continue to play your little game of social justice warrior!" JJ said angrily turning to her and she furrowed her eyebrows

"What?" She couldn't believe what she was hearing out of his mouth.

"God Kiara will you listen to yourself?! Do you even care that John B is dead? You always said you were about to end it all but Sarah showed up and saved your life your year at the kook academy, and now you're acting like their death means nothing! You just waltz your way into the chateau telling me how i need to grieve and how i need to pull it together!"

JJ shouted marching up to Kiara

"JJ calm d-" Pope tried to tell him

"You show up and tell me how to process my feelings by sobering up, that was my best friend" JJ shouted at her pointing to where the service had just been

"Maybe you really are heartless like the rest of the kooks on this island! No Kiara you're not any different. You wear emotions like an accessory and go back to your luxury when youre tired of feeling sad-"

JJ was interrupted by a brisk slap across the face from Kiara, his hand shot up to his cheek looking at her in shock.

The world seemed to stand still for the Pogues for that moment. Kiara would never lay a hand on or inflict pain to another human or animal, and JJ would never blow up like that, at least not at kie, especially with how protective he was when it came to her. 

"Someone who really loves you could never tear into you like that though, right?" She spat, bringing up what he'd told her after the fight with pope.

They stared at each other in a moment of silence, it was like looking at strangers and pope stood there unaware what to do. Pope wished John B was there, hed know what to do. He always did.

Pope cleared his throat awkwardly staring at his feet

"come on kie ill drive you home" pope said neutrally. He was just trying to de-escalate the situation.

"You head back to the chateau JJ" Pope said as he walked Kiara to the truck.