Does it hurt when i do this?

"Hope you're not naked, were coming in" JJ called warning Sarah and John B as the rest of the pogues walked into the chateau

"Crazy night huh" John B said rhetorically, no one was oblivious to how drunk JJ was.

" I was the only one who didn't pass out or black out that whole time" Pope said as Kiara perched at the table, beginning to roll up a joint.

"Woah what does that mean?" Sarah asked

"Your ex boyfriend was throwing a party, that's where we found JJ" Pope explained "What are you doing?" Pope asked John B and Sarah as Kie lit her joint at the table.

"Were baking brownies" Sarah beamed with a smile as she helped John mix the batter

"John B i didn't know you were a baker" JJ teased his best friend

"well they're just from the box" John B said

"But from the box is just as good as homemade" Sarah countered "My mom knew her way around the kitchen but she always said box was best" The blonde girl said with a reminiscent smile. Kiara interrupted Sarah's story pressing the button on the radio, music coming through the speakers as she finished the joint she smoked.

Sarah smiled and walked over gabbing Kiaras hands as they swayed and giggled through the music. Pope was sat at the table with a smile laughing at the girls as JJ made his way into the kitchen, his finger fishing into the brownie batter and John B slapped his hand before JJ licked the batter clean off his finger. John B glared at the boy affectionately, he could act all annoyed but in reality, John B was enjoying the moment with his family. The pogues were all at peace and happy in their element. John B smiled watching the group.

JJ caught on to John B's stare, he looked in the same direction. It was in that moment JJ understood the importance of the rules, as much as he didnt like them. It was to preserve the group, and boy was he fucking lucky for the pogues. He needed to apologize to Kiara. Not right this moment, he was drunk and she was enjoying herself with sarah. but he would do it eventually.

JJ watched as Kiaras head fell back in a soft giggle as sarah poorly sang along to the song that was unfamiliar to him, her hips swung to the rhythm of the music before she released her hair from the hair tie it had been in, brown curls now cascading down her back as her hands clasped Sarah's again.

John B glanced at JJ, noticing the look he wore with his eyes on Kiara. It was the same way John B looks at sarah. John B left out a chuckle

"What, Man?" JJ asked, his gaze snapping away from the girl and to John

"Nothing" John B smirked "It's just.. this peace. It's nice. we earned it" John B said truthfully. He earned a nod from JJ.

-

JJ was off in the bathroom, throwing up the brownie batter he'd taken, forcing John and Sarah to create a whole nother batch

"I'm going to bed" John B said to the pogues, standing up from the couch and turned the lamp on

"Holy crap, what happened to your cheek?" Sarah asked Kiara, about to follow John B to sleep

"Huh?" she asked confused, placing her hand on her cheek, before wincing from the touch

"You've got a bruise. Must have been from when you collapsed" Pope answered

"Well see you guys in the morning" Kiara said as sarah and john walked down the hall

"night" Sarah called.

Kiara stood up from the couch and started down the hallway to the bathroom to check the bruise in the mirror. She opened the door to find JJ just finishing up brushing his teeth

"Oh shit your face dude" JJ reacted. Kiara normally didn't care much for what other people thought but was it really that bad?

"scoot over" she ordered as he moved over so she also had access to the mirror, she clearly wasn't interested in being kind or talking to him after the sight she had to see. They both stared at her in the reflective glass. Her eyes were glued to the bruise she prodded at with her fingers but his eyes scanned her, relearning her face again for probably the 500th time.

"Does it hurt when i do this?" JJ asked and before she could realize, his finger poked directly on the bruise that resided on her cheekbone. Kiaras eyebrows furrowed, quickly snapping his direction to react and anger. She opened her mouth to yell at him but stopped, remembering it was a prank he used to do when they were younger.

When the pogues were younger, god forbid any of them had bruises and JJ catch wind of it. If he saw a bruise he'd ask the rhetorical question 'does it hurt when i do this?' seconds before punching the bruise.

Kiara shut her mouth remembering the memory. JJ had noticed her face soften from the anger and was confused what changed. his thought was interrupted when they heard what sounded like a car pulling into the yard.

They both scowled in questioning, walking towards the doorway of the bathroom, peaking out in the hall to try to figure out what the sound was. There was complete silence, the two teens looked at eachother quizzically as they stood practically chest to chest.

"you heard that too, right?" JJ said

"Yeah" Kiara breathed out.

They stood in silence for a few moments longer as JJ's gaze turned from the hallway back to the girl, taking in her features. She turned her head back and caught him staring.

JJ let out a soft chuckle

"You better be careful, you're starting to look like me" JJ said clearly joking about how he was always looking beat up, his pointer finger brushing over her bruise gently, she felt his cold metal ring brush her face.

The corners of her mouth turned up and she almost accidentally smiled. She was still mad at him.

Within a second Kiara slapped his hand away, JJ opened his mouth to speak but they were interrupted by another sound.

This sound was far more distinctive. A gunshot, followed by the sound of Rafe and Barry calling John B and Sarah's name.