Just a couple beers

Kiara woke up the next morning seeing JJ sitting up against the wall sleeping. She yawned propping herself up on her elbows looking around the bedroom.

JJ stirred wake with all the movement on the bed, his gaze going exactly to the spot he left her making sure nothing happened to her, immediately flooded with relief seeing she was fine.

"Morning princess"

"Oh my god I have the worst headache"
Kie complained placing her hand on her head
"I don't even remember last night. All I remember is setting up the party and nothing after that. How much did I drink?" Kiara asked oblivious to what had happened

JJ got up hanging his legs off the side of the bed, looking at her next to him

"You uh.. only had two beers" JJ said nervously twiddling his thumbs and Kiara could read there was something wrong by his body language.

"Why don't I remember a thing- JJ what happened?"
She asked in a demanding tone

"I... found you and Rafe in the back of the house.. he'd put something in your drink and you were starting to act up-"

"Oh my god-" Kiara said her eyes starting to water
"Wait wait no- it's okay I got there in time nothing happened!" He said trying to re-assure her, she seemed to calm down a bit.

"So I made him leave and I took you back into the house.." JJ trailer off remembering the events from the night before, and their kiss. JJ knew Kie wouldn't be happy to hear she kissed JJ too, having screwed with all of the boys in her group.

"And?" Kiara asked raising an eyebrow. JJ knee she deserved to know the truth, but he figured it was better not to put her through that emotional turmoil. But Pogues don't lie to Pogues, Pogues don't Mack on Pogues either.

"And I took you back here and you fell right asleep. I stayed up until- 6:30 this morning. Everyone was gone by then but I guess I fell asleep after than I'm sorry Kie" He apologized putting his face in his hands.

Kiara furrowed her eyebrows
"JJ- It's okay" She said firmly, and rubbed his shoulder seeing his reaction.

"God I feel like a terrible friend." He started in a sad voice
"John B and Pope are always able to protect you and I can't" JJ said quietly, recalling all the times where mostly pope, had saved her.

Kiara looked at him with pity, moving his hands from his face
"First of all, it's not y'all responsibility to 'save' me. Second of all, you did. And you do. You showed up before he could do anything and take advantage of me JJ. Thank you" She said softly before abruptly pulling him into a hug holding his torso.

JJ sniffed trying to wipe away any bad feelings he had, wrapping his big arms around her.
Being in such close quarters with her again have him flash backs of the night before when she kissed him. Her lips felt so soft and comforting to him.

JJ never imagined he'd ever get to kiss Kie, Nor that she'd be the one to kiss him, but she did the night before.

Slowly Kiara let go and looked back up at JJ with pity
"You look like shit, you need to sleep"
"You look like shit, you got drugged last night"
They both laughed at each other lightly

"Sleep will probably help then." Kiara said laying back on the bed. JJ nodded and stood up walking to the door
"Yeah, you're right. I'm just gonna.." he trailed off looking back at the girl
"I'm gonna go nap on the couch" JJ said finishing his sentence

"JJ?" She asked softly and he turned his head to her
"Stay?" She asked quietly.

Kiara didn't have to ask twice before JJ quickly crawled back into the bed. She could simply bat an eyelash and he'd do anything for her.

Kiara sat up for a moment and jj was confused when she pulled her top off leaving her in her shorts and a bra

"It's too hot"

"Oh.. yeah" he mumbled. They both knew JJ would have made some comment, but obviously JJ hadn't been himself, which was ok of course his best friend just died.

Kiara rolled over when they both rested their head on the pillow, facing each other

"It smells like John B" Kiara said sadly closing her eyes to fall back asleep

"I know." JJ said quietly. He tried to sleep but kept tossing and turning, a button up and cargo shorts weren't very comfy to try to sleep in
"Go ahead, it's fine" Kiara said practically reading his mind
"You're keeping me up anyways" she said turning over facing away from him.

JJ hesitated for a moment before un buttoning his shirt and tossing it on the floor, his shorts were next and pretty soon he was just in his underwear. He laid down crawling back under the covers staring at the back of Kiaras head full of curls. Suddenly she turned over facing JJ at eye level

"Can you hold me? I feel better when you hug me so I figured maybe I'd sleep faster if you did" she said quietly and JJ quickly nodded.

JJ wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer. Kiara leaned in resting her head against his chest.

The feeling was electric for the both of them, feeling the skin to skin contact and it felt as if their hearts un-broke just a little bit.
Kiaras eyelashes tickles the skin above his collar bone making his cheeks turn red.
Kiara could feel his muscles relax and contract in his arms and torso against her skin, giving her butterflies.

Kiara liked to think she had never given the boy the time of day, but it was sure a different story when she closed her eyes trying to sleep and all she could do was think of JJ and the close proximity between them.

I just took some sleep aid and hour ago and then wrote this so sorry for any errors, I haven't revised it.