~~~Song~~~

Present:

Miri's Mom was sure that her Daughter was trying to run away. Eventhough Miri cleverly hid all her motives underneath her silence and wit. The little crumbs that fell added up to reveal the grand plan. Her Daughter was clever, but a bit careless.

Her sudden habit of saving money, her increased estrangement from them , sudden knack for buying clothes; especially sweaters, her recent obsession with cartography ( tried to convince that it was a club homework ) and mainly her, joining the newly formed Exploration club when she utterly despised the thought of travelling.

Miri's Mom was amused seeing her Daughter try desperately to escape her 'Perfect Family'. They were so close. What exactly went wrong and when ???

But Mona Rivers thought that the reason can be ignored since she had a faint idea of the incident that might have triggered her lovable Daughter to act like this.

This can be fixed. She just needs some time for herself. Alone. The basement will work wonders for her confused mind. We would just go back to how we were. Just like before, before the arrival of the boy.

Now he's gone.

She just needs to LISTEN. And I will make her do exactly that.....

Mona stared at her Daughter with the same sinister smile to which her Daughter's response was fright.

Past:

Mona Lisé Seylan, the foreigner who gained a lot of attention when she first moved to Mer Clord, was an enigma in a lot of ways. She was friendly, but cunningly secretive. She would hold lawn parties often in the weekends, became a member of the town welfare group, participated in a lot of money raising activities, and so on.

But no one felt like they knew her since she never gave out anything worth remembering.

Her past life stories were always watered down with so many clichés that seemed flashy and pretentious, which made people wonder why she moved to their dull, insipid and tight knit neighborhood.

Her demeanor belonged to the city.

The ever dazzling and fashionable attire, calm composure, and her sassy and confident attitude never failed to amaze her simpleton peers.

EXTRAVAGANT

ATTRACTIVE

CAPTIVATING

AFFLUENT

She had it all. But there was something that deeply bothered her and made her sleepless for nights, thus the flickering night lights. Usually her behaviour followed a pattern that can be easily decoded:

1. A fun casual party when she felt happy and cheerful.

2. Flipping her night lamp on and off and on...... when she couldn't sleep

3. Checking her locks and windows frequently when she felt paranoid.

4. Twisting her right wrist with her other hand when she was irritated or annoyed.

5. Being absolutely still when she was angry.

6. Fiddling with her hair when she was uninterested.

So beautiful.

.........

And her voice, her sweet, soothing rhythm, the alluring tone in which she sung each song was applause worthy. A Disney princess in real life.

And that was what she was to Matthew Tuddle. The Princess of his heart.