~~~Confront~~~

"Monaaaa..... Aren't you glad seeing me here?"

Patrick called out in a singsong voice.

"GO BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM, BASTARD," Mona screamed when she heard the sarcastic voice of her assailant.

"Awww... I miss you too. Let me in Mona. I have a surprise for you. It'll giddy up your spirits. Come on..... let your darling in."

Mona felt sick in her stomach realizing that he'll never leave unless he gets what he wants. His persistence was one of the qualities that attracted her when they were slowly falling for each other.

Married at 19 seemed like the ultimate dream but she couldn't least expect what was in store for her later and what he was capable of beneath his innocent look.

Am I gonna die today?

Mona wanted to prepare herself for the worst, grab any sharp weapon from the kitchen and strike as hard as she could when he made a move against her. This time she wouldn't give in without a fight. Not this time.

As she tried to get up on her legs, she felt wobbly as fear filled her mind which kept playing scenarios of multiple ways on how she would die by his hands. She immediately turned towards her landline.....

Matt

Matt would save me.

She pulled away from the door softly and tiptoed her way towards her lifeline.

Suddenly a loud bang on the door terrified her and made her thoughts go blank.

"OPEN THE F***ING DOOR, MONA!!!!" Patrick roared vigorously banging on the door repeatedly.

She remembered this side of him. The lion within sheep's clothing. His face when he was choking the life out of her. A simple argument which led to the attempt on her life. It started with his anger. This kind of rage which he turned on and off like a switch.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Mona cried out in an equally angered tone but literal tears fell out her eyes. She wept quietly not wanting him to know of her pathetic reaction to his intimidation.

She waited for a reply from him. She didn't know how long she waited there, shivering with fright in a fixed position near the sofa, never letting her eyes waver away from the door.

"I-I'm sorry ..... okay"

"I didn't mean to hurt you. You just frustrated me a lot and I.... it was in the spur of the moment. I didn't plan to kill you. I loved you Mona. How could I possibly try to take your life? Trust me Mona....I'm a better man now......

Sandra and I..... we broke up. I'm never looking back on that relationship. Trust me Mona.... we'll start fresh..... ," Patrick poured out the entire purpose of his visit standing behind the door of his former lover.

Mona didn't like how she was feeling. She whole-heartedly wanted to forgive him, go back to the good old days where they loved each other to the fullest. Missed his kisses, hugs, embrace, everything. But one thing halted her from opening the door.

She didn't trust him.

She walked back to the door and stood in front of it staring at the gold plated handle contemplating her past and present life.

She tried to run away from her past and enjoy the current happy life she lead but the bygones caught up with her so fast that she wasn't prepared how to handle it when she was face to face with her grim reality.

"So how's Matt?" his derisive tone caught her off guard.

Mona was shell shocked. How could he possibly know that?

Just then the grave realization hit her. This day wasn't his first in Mer Clord. He was following her from God knows when and ultimately decided to reveal himself only now.

She can't escape from him. Even if Matthew magically appears and saves her from this situation, she would, at some point in her life face him since she knew that he would follow her anywhere until he does whatever he wants with her. Disheartened beyond repairs, and losing her flickering hope that he would get the hell way from her this instant, she knew she was doomed. Might as well confront her impending doom she thought and flung open the door meeting the blazing yet mysterious eyes and smirking lips of Patrick Rivers.

But he wasn't alone....

"Who are t-they??" Mona stammered looking down at the two kids standing beside him. They were so small, barely reaching upto his knee.

"Oh yeah.... they are the surprise I told you about. Mona ..... say hi to our kids..... this is Gina and this is Miri."

He said pointing to the two black haired kids as they maintained a clueless yet scared expression while connecting their eyes with Mona's.

It was like a bolt of thunder hit her and she felt the shock coursing through her entire body.

She was never pregnant when they were married.

Whose kids were they??????