~~~Regrets~~~

Past:

Mona and Matthew became the talk of the town when Matthew did not even try hard to hide that he was head over heels for her.

Although Mona never acknowledged their relationship as a serious one. She liked the gossip and attention she got from the whole deal. Plus Matthew acted somewhat like her private secretary who was always there for her when she needed him. It made her feel like a queen when she was around him and Matthew too tried his very best to make her feel like one. He never confronted her on where they stand in the relationship. He was happy either way and being close to her was all that mattered.

"Matthew..... am I your first love?"
Mona smirked looking at Matthew's surprised face which reddened as she moved her face close to his. The diner where they were having their supposed 'fourth date' was seemingly packed with customers barging in and out as if the whole town was paying a visit to the ever-lazy diner.

The situation pressurized him as he didn't want to upset her by telling that he had already been in love once before meeting her.

Will she be disappointed when she hears of it?

Did she want to be his first love?

Will she break off our relationship?

His mind was racing as Mona grew impatient and tapped the table with her knuckles to motion him to hurry up with the answer.

"This is not some G.K quiz.... Matt, what's taking you so long??? I really wanna know. Seems like you have a lengthy history with a lot of women," Mona fell back on her chair, crossed her arms and pouted.

Matthew mentally made the decision to tell her everything as he didn't like the idea of hiding anything from her.

"I did love someone bef-.."

Mona's expression grew dark and Matthew stopped midway when her face mirrored her true feelings when she heard it.

She was livid.

She glared at Matthew before slamming her hand on the table. He was shook by her sudden reaction, he didn't expect her to react this way. It was as if time stood still at the diner. Everyone's eyes were fixated on the drama. Whispers and hushes filled the area. As Matthew deeply regretted telling her, Mona swiftly got up and left the diner.

Matthew paced to catch up with her. He grabbed her hand wanting her to stop, but Mona yanked her hand away from his grip and continued walking away from him. He grabbed her hand once again and pulled her towards him. She protested but eventually gave in when he cupped her face in his hands.

"What's wrong Mona? Tell me."
He asked calmly.

"I'm scared Matt," Mona sobbed. "I-I'm scared that you'll l-leave me for her ...... for your first love. "

She sobbed uncontrollably and hugged him. Matthew was heartbroken that he couldn't sense her immense love for him beforehand. He thought it was mostly one sided and that she wasn't serious about him. But all that changed with this moment. She loved him as much as he loves her.

"My first love... ha .... that was a long time ago. I don't even remember her face," he said in an assuring tone.

"It has always been you. I was destined to find you Mona. My thoughts, my heart, my everything belongs to you.

I love you.....Mona"

He confessed softly wiping her tears running down her flushed cheeks after pulling out from the hug. A small smile crept in her face and she once again hugged him tight burying her face in his shoulder and Matthew embraced her with all his heart.

And the next minute, her smile turned into a smirk.

20 months past Mona's arrival to Mer Clord.......

The dark clouds set the eerie atmosphere when Mona sensed an imminent sign that something unusual was about to happen....

The beautiful Sunday afternoon's warmth disappeared within seconds as darkness lurked in. Mona picked up her clothes drying on the cloth line and carried the whole bundle desperately balancing herself as she was unable to see forward clearly.

Just then a strong gush of wind hauled the door close startling Mona as she was going to enter.

"Oh-h my God.....," she gasped and pushed the door with her leg and threw the bundle on the sofa.
The wind was still coming harsh through the door which made Mona wonder whether it was an unannounced cyclone. As she turned to the oppose the flow of the air, A tall mysterious figure stood upright on her porch wearing a black hoodie.

Chills ran down her spine as the figure slowly made its way to her door. Mona rushed to shut the door close, but the figure stopped in its tracks which gave her ample time to accomplish her intention. Mona stared panting out of fear and leaned against the door. The fear was not because of the sudden appearance of an unknown stranger who came out of nowhere.

But because of the fact that she knew who exactly it was.

Her 'ex-husband' who she never divorced.

And the one who tried to kill her for another woman.