~~~Liberty~~~

Present:

As Miri slowly came to realize her impending doom, numbness filled her mind as she hung her head down, staring at the checkered floor. After all, everything she did was futile. But it wasn't that much of a surprise. She knew her Mother would find out eventually, but didn't expect to be this quick. A cold wave of self doubt and disappointment blew past her.

Gearing up strength, Miri lifted her head up, meeting the mocking eyes of her Mom who smirked and let out a little laugh. Miri wanted to bury herself alive. She can't bear to be in this situation; helpless, scared, confused and moreover humiliated.

"It's okay Darling. Don't be sad. Let's just forget the whole thing. You were never planning to run away. You never looked up places to stay." Her Mom got up from her chair and loomed close to Miri with a big smile.

She brought her face close to her Daughter's which made the latter tremble and lose balance. With her iron grip, she caught Miri's arm and pulled her close harshly.

"And you never intended to go to Gyllen", Mona's tone was frightening as she gritted her teeth saying the last sentence fixating her furious glare on her Daughter who was bewildered when she mentioned the city.

The city where her real parents live.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Miri couldn't sleep a wink. The guest room of the Danders' had more of a darker setting than the entire house and it only added to her anxiousness. Her Mom was soundly sleeping on the adjacent bed that was placed 'perfectly' close to the room door.

Hundreds of thoughts clouded her mind. There was more to her Mom that she thought of.

How can she know that?

Is she still keeping track of them?

But I heard they moved away from their native town Moore only recently. Even for that information, I had to go through loops.....

There's no way she could have known that.

Unless if they're friends or something. Did they voluntarily let her raise me as her own?

Or do they not know that she was the one who took me?

Are they the same like her?

Will I ever meet them?

This leaves me with only one option.

.
.
.
.
.

It still looked like it was night when she woke up, not knowing when she succumbed to sleep. It was 4:30 A.M. Mona was already in the bathroom, judging from the shower sounds, she would be in there for a while. The thought of going home made Miri shiver in fright. Now that the cat's out of the bag..... There's no telling that they'll take it easy. She didn't want to prepare for the worst.

Courage leapt up in the worst of moments. Deciding to try out her luck, Miri swiftly got out of the bed, grabbed her Mom's bag and looked for her purse.

Got it

The guest room's door crept open with a creaking sound, which grew louder as she pushed it open. Miri wriggled through the little gap through the door, as she didn't want to make any more sound that would ruin her impulsive plan. She knew the combination for the security system as Zeke basically told her everything about his house.

Carefully opening the front door, she tiptoed barefoot. Her heels stung as the porch was marble floored, absorbed all the coolness from the surrounding. She remembered the thigh long boots Mr. Dander kept in the garage.
The garage was a separate building from the house that overlooked the lawn. Fortunately it was not locked, Miri dashed inside and quickly wore the boots and the long coat which caught her eye as she was getting out. The morning mist was unsettling but perfect for her escape. Equipped with only a long jacket, some food from the Danders' fridge which she ransacked and the purse..... without the phone,

She ran for her life.

Away from everything she'd ever known..........

She knew she would be caught. But she had to try.

"Hello

Dear...... what are you planning?

I let her run away, just like you said. So what now? This might ruin our entire plan......."

Mona placed her cell on the desk and saw a frantic Miri, through the window, just running straight ahead into the mist.

Waiting for her husband to give a suitable reply that would ensure that this deviation in the plan would not cost them, she opened her bag to find that her purse was gone.

Great!!!!

"Dear, I haven't got all day..... why are you being so quiet?"

"It won't spoil our plan Dear.......

our Daughter's very eager to see the world.

.
.
.
.
.
So why not let her?"

Mona chuckled.

"Ok"