Chapter 01 • Seductive Smile

"This new intern, you have to see him." Joe shoved me a CV of a guy I assume was our recently recruited intern as soon as I took a seat in my office.

"For god sake, act more like my secretary than my best friend in the office at least." I sighed as if it was a big deal.

"Stop being a drama queen and just look at him." I rolled my eyes and took a glance at the picture only to get the shock of my life.

"What the fuck and how on earth did he end up here?" My eyes were ready to jump out of its cage.

"Took you long enough. Yep! You see, he is already in the company." She threw me an evil smirk and plopped on the leather couch.

"Don't tell me he knows who is the boss here." I felt like a mere pathetic human begging for mercy.

"Nope!" I sighed in relaxation."Don't be so relaxed. A friendly reminder, YOU.BOTH.WORK.AT.THE.SAME.COMPANY." She added.

I felt a sharp arrow pierce through my heart. She had to remind me. "And who is responsible for it?" My eyes darkened, she took a glance at me before running for her life.

I took a deep breath before screaming till Joe's eardrums got the lesson to never again mess with me.

I plopped on my chair and heaved a long sigh. "Why does it have to be him?" I feel like my soul left my body. I didn't sign up for early leave. Get back you hoe.

I jumped in my seat as soon as the realization hit me. "Wait! Why would he apply for this company leaving all the other decent companies out there? He has always been holding his record for good marks."

6 years ago
Natasha's senior year

"I like you!" There stood a little cutie with a big body, taller than me with a confession letter. I was so out of words that I stood there awkwardly not knowing what exactly I should say or how I should react.

"Yeah!" I awkwardly said, no, more likely asked him. He looked up at me with a confused look and I nervously started to scratch my nape.

"He just confessed to you, dummy," Joe whispered in my ear as she poked me with her elbow.

"Oh! yeah! Yeah! That's great! I hope you graduate smoothly." I deadpanned both the innocent boy and Joe as I ran for my life from the scene.

Joe came looking for me after a few moments and found me sipping on my drinks as if nothing happened.

"I bet that's beer in your innocent-looking water bottle." Joe almost screamed and I had to cover her mouth.

"Can you keep it low? We are in fucking uni." She pushed me and spit as if my hand was covered in shit.

"Gross! So you know we are in uni and it's freaking 9 a.m." We started to walk toward our second class as we bunked the first class.

"You never know the fun if you never try." I tried to shove the drink into her but she pushed me gently with a sarcastic face.

"No thanks. Seriously! How long are you planning on staying single?" She asked as irritation spread all over her face. She got herself a decent boyfriend 2 years ago and can't date him properly because she can't just let me be alone.