Chapter 07 • Gap Of Guilt

Past story continues

Third Person POV

After that night, Natasha couldn't gather the courage to go to college. She confined herself in the same room. Joe tried numerous times to get a hold of her but failed.

As for Alastor, he was done with his exams. The memory of that day is still clear in his mind. Sometimes his breathing would get unstable but he managed himself.

5 months passed and they both remained that way. Alastor expected one apology from her. He was ready to forget everything with just one "Sorry". But Natasha proved that she was a coward.

"Let's go to the canteen together." Brian, Alastor's friend suggested.

"I want something lightweight today, gonna go to the convenience store." He replied.

"Too bad, it was on me today. Anyway, bye. Or I'm not getting any available seats." Brian went with the others as Alastor wasn't coming.

Every time he walked past Natasha's department building, he wished to bump into her coincidentally. But to his dismay, it was only his wish.

"That will be $0.00" The cashier informed.

"You accept cards, right?" Alastor asked as he was short on cash.

"Sorry, sir. We are out of service for the time being."

"It's okay. I will return them, sorry to bother you." Alastor was about to return them when a woman bragged into the scene. She was as tall as him.

"Bill them together, I don't have time for your shits." It took 00.01 micro sec for Alastor to realize who it was. It was Natasha.

His whole body started to shake as he felt like his tongue got twisted and he couldn't say anything.

"Do you want the receipt, mam?" the cashier asked. Natasha got pissed and took her products.

"Shove it up in your ass or whatever, I don't care. How many have I asked you not to ask me shit and just take however much you want!" She ran out of the store and Alastor followed behind.

Alastor followed her like a lost puppy. He wanted to call her but was too afraid of losing her again.

"Stop following me." Alastor halted on his spot. He was already in the process after seeing her in this condition.

She wore a black thick hoodie in this hot summer and a cap and a mask to fully cover her. As if she was trying her best to from the police.

She once again started to walk after warning him. He thought she might have known who he was by now.

"Who the fuck are you? Don't you dare try funny stuff with me!" She suddenly turned back to him and approached him with full rage.

"Are you someone related to those basterds? But they didn't have anyone clinging on them. So who the fuck are you? Are you someone from the police? Or Lawer? Or reporter?"

As she was right in front of him, he finally could see her eyes. A pair of eyes he had never seen before. They were blood red and there were dark circles around her eyes.

"I-It's Me! Alastor." He was frightened but still managed to get those words out.

Her eyes said she recognized the man in front of her. She quickly stepped back and was even more frightened than him. He was too stunned to say anything and she was too shocked to see Alastor after so long.

"No, no, no! I don't know you! And you don't know me as well! I killed them! Both of them! I will kill myself as well. Forget about me. Wait, no no. Don't forget what I did to you and please keep on hating me." Natasha ran as fast as she could.