New Family Member

Edited 1/8/18

Alex woke up to the smell of disinfectant and just very sterile smell. He didn't open his eyes cause they felt like lead. He did feel a hand holding his. It felt small like a women's hand. Then he heard voices.

"Grace. We need to tell you something." It sounded like Wolf. "Well I and Snake need to tell everyone before he walks up."

"What is it, Wolf?" Fox was a little worried. Alex still felt a hand on his hand. He was thinking it was the girl they rescued.

"Well, it sounds like Grace here is related to Cub." That woke Alex up to make him sit up. He winced at the pain in his side.

"Cub lay back down. You still hurt pretty badly." Snake slowly adjusted Alex so he was sitting up a little.

"What did you say that I was related to her?" Alex looked to Grace.

"Well, we think. Her name is Grace Rider. Grace this is Alex Rider. We call him Cub." Alex put a hand out to shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you. Who're your parents." She looked away. Almost shy.

"Well, I'm an orphan." Alex felt sympathy for her since he also was an orphan.

"Me too." She looked at him with hopeful eyes and trusting one too. She took out a picture and handed it to Alex.

"This is the only picture I have of them." It was a picture of two people each holding a baby each. Ale recognized both of them.

"These are my parents. So you're my." He did not want to say, sister. At that monument, he wanted to run away and go punch a bag or run the course close to the infirmary. He was still in his SAS uniform so he could but Snake would grab him before he could. The room was silent.

"Maybe we should give you two some time alone." The k-unit left the room. Alex started to get out of the bed.

"Wait you're still hurt." She went around to the other side to stop him.

"Yes so help me." She put his arm around his shoulder. She leads him outside. "You see that punching bag there. Help me get over there." She helped him but she was dying with questions.

"So what happens to our parents?" Alex frowned.

"Plane crash." They were almost there. "Do you know how to punch?"

"Not really. I was never really into violence." Alex nodded.

"I forced into this job. Never liked the idea. How about I teach you." She looked at Alex and smiled.

"I like too." There was a chair near there so she lowered Alex slowly into the chair.K-unit was watching them in the background. Alex knew they were but wanted to get to know his sister.

"So punch the bag and we will work off of there." She went close to the bag and punched it softly hurting her hand. Alex smiled. "Well, lets see, move back and are you a right or a left kind of person."

"Right." She said.

"Move your right foot back about two feet. Then turn your hips the right as well." She did as he told. "Now punch with your right hand horizontal." She punched the bag with not a lot of force but her hand did not hurt as much. Alex got up slowly. "Good job."

"Thank you. Your not a bad teacher." She looked down to the ground. "When you saved me I was grateful and then you taking that bullet." Tears started coming down her cheek. "I thought you were going to die Alex." Alex gave her a big hug.

"I'm fine Grace. I have the luck of the Devil." He smoothed out her brown almost blondish hair. "Now want to see a real punch and kick." She looked up at Alex and nodded. She let go and he went up to the bag slowly. "Stand back." She backed up. K-unit was in the shadows watching. Alex was standing straight. He punched the bag and it went up 10 feet in the air. He moved out of the way.

"Wow. OMG, that was cool." Then he kicked the bag making it fly off almost hitting Eagle.

"Hey. You almost killed me Cub." They all came out.

"What are you guys doing?" Alex put his hand to were his wound was. He must have done something to irritate it.

"Well, we were watching you guys." Fox piped up."You know you're very powerful for a guy that's hurt."

"Well on a mission you got to because that means life or death." Alex looked at his watch "Lunchtime. Grace go with them I have to get something from my cabin."

"You sure you can walk there your self." She regretted what she said.

"I'll be fine." He started to walk away back to his cabin. Once he got there he grabbed his duffle bag and took out a picture of Jackie. He sat on his bed thinking about his life. All that he's lost and now he gets something back. He gets a family member. He got up to put his picture back. His back was against the door when the door opened with two men behind Alex. Alex turned around to see Leo and another man.

"Alex you need to come with us." Something didn't seem right. The man next to Leo had MI6 bulletproof vest on.

"Why?" Alex started to back up. He knew there was a knife behind him. He put his hand behind his back to grab it.

"MI6 has something to tell you. You need to come back." The man went forward. Alex had the knife in his hand.He was hoping they did not notice. "Alex this will be easier if you come willingly. You have hurt after all."

"I am never going back to them." He quickly had the knife in front of him. Leo came at him but Alex kicked him in the gut not hard to break anything just to wind him. The MI6 agent came closer. He had a small gun in his hand.

"Please Alex. Ms. Jones changed how they work. I am just here to take you there." Alex kicked the gun out of the guy's hand.

"Do you know what I lost to them. I can't go back. I am never going through that again." He kicked the guy in the gut and his eyes rolled into the back of his head. Alex left the room and walked to the cafeteria. Before he could walk in Leo was behind him.

"Come on Alex. I know you're a spy. It's in your blood." Leo was in a fighting stance and took out a tranquilizer gun.

"Leo. Until you are 14 again and join them, you will never understand. My uncle was a spy for them. I did missions for them after he died. I was blackmailed to do all of them. Then my best friend died. I watch it happen. They ruined my life." Alex turned around to walk in when Leo pulled the trigger. The door was open and everyone saw what happen. Alex fell to the ground to his knees.Grace ran over to him but Leo pulled out a real gun.

"Stay back, he's mine." Alex was still on his knees with himself hunched with his arms only supporting himself from blacking out. "MI6 wants him."

"Leo. Do you know what he has been to him? He has a scar that's 2 cm from his heart from a bullet. Do you want that to happen to him again." Wolf lowly got up and went over to Leo. Leo lowered his gun. Grace finally got to Alex. He was growing immune to the tranquilizer. He was getting better he did not want to curl up and sleep forever.

"I'm so sorry Alex. I thought I was helping you." Some MP (military police) came and took him away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ok really long chapter but let me know what you think. Vote and comment. Let me know if something does not make sense except for Grace being Alex's sister.