Sick Man

Edited 1/16/18

Alex was laying on his back in his cabin with Grace and Snake by his side. They take the washcloth and dip in a bowl of water to try and take his fever down. His headache did not help. They had him under a thin layer of covers and he was still shivering. He started mumbling in his sleep. "Blood. I never killed you." He mumbled in Russian. They did not know what he was saying.

"Grace, I'm going to go get Fox and some fresh ice water. I'll send him over." She nodded and Snake left the room. Alex keeps mumbling.After a few minutes of waiting Fox came in and sat down next to Grace.

"How's he doing?" He clamped his hands together. Alex did stop mumbling. He was breathing hard.He was looking pale.

"He's hanging in there but he still has a fever and mumbling Russian I think." Fox nodded. Then Alex started mumbling again so Fox got closer to hear him. "What's he saying?"

"Well blood and death and saying that he did not kill someone." Then Fox mumbled back to Alex something.

"What did you say to him?" Grace looked at Fox with curiosity.

"I said, have sweet dreams." Grace smiled at Fox and Snake came in.

"Hey, guys." Snake grabbed the washcloth and got it wet to put on his forehead. Then he started shivering more. "He still has his fever."

"Yea. What happens if he can't break it.?" Snake looked to Grace.

"Well, brain damage." Alex stirred more.

"Sabina." Then he coughed for a bit. Snake got closer and checked his temperature.

"Lord he's at 105 F we need to get him cooled off." He opened the door so the cool air could come in.

"Why don't we get a bathtub filled with ice?" Grace suggested. Snake though about it for a minute.

"That might work." They all got up. "I will get the ice we need. There is a big tub outside we can use that."

"I will try and get Alex awake. Grace and I can get him there." Fox said. Snake ran out the door to go get ice. "Alex. Wake up." Fox started shaking Alex to try and wake him up. Alex slightly opened his eyes.

"Alex you're burning up. We need to get you into a cooler area." Alex moved his hands to take the sheets off of him. Grace was glad he was wearing pants. Alex slowly got up with the help of Fox and Grace.

"Я чувствую холодный." (I feel cold) Alex said to Fox. 

"I know Cub. Hang in there." Fox said back to Alex in English. Grace was worried. Alex was on his feet hanging mostly on Fox. "Grace why don't you go see if Snake's ready for us. The tub should be near the infirmary." She nodded and left  the room.

*****

She keep running as fast as she could. Her muscles were aching but she could not stop. She had to see if the ice was ready for Alex. She saw Snake with a bag of ice and ran to him. "Snake are you ready for Alex?"

"Yea. I need one more bag but start brings him over." She nodded and ran back to tell Fox.

*****

Fox was holding onto Alex. Alex was still running a temperature but he was not speaking in English. "How are you doing Cub."

"Моя голова болит и я действительно холодно." (My head hurts and I'm really cold) Alex said very quietly to Fox. Then Alex closed his eyes falling into a dream.

"Alex?" Fox picked him up like holding a baby and started running out of the room almost crashing into Grace. "He fainted again. Is the tub ready?" She ran beside Fox.

"Yea." That's all Fox wanted to hear. They saw Snake and ran to him. "Snake. He fainted again." Snake had a worried face on.

"Take his shirt off and we can sit him in there. We can start putting ice on him." Fox sat Alex down and Grace with the help of Snake they started opening bags of ice. Fox joined them in opening bags. Alex started shivering more as more ice fell on him. Once they were done they sat down on the ground.

"Grace. Go back to your cabin and get some sleep. Snake you too. I will keep watch." Both of them left Fox alone. He wanted to have a conversation with Alex if he was awake. "Alex. I don't know if you can hear me but, you need to get through this. You've been through more than any of us. Also I feel like your my best friend. All the conversation we had in many different languages." Fox stayed quite for the rest of the time. 

*****

As Alex was dreaming he dreamed of Jack still alive. They were sitting in his old house having dinner. He was smiling as he ate with his best friend. She started talking about his day. "So how was your day at school?"

"I got an A on the math test today," Alex replied. He felt like he been through this before.

"That's terrific Alex. If your Uncle was still around he would be proud of you." Then MI6 burst through the door. "Excuse me what are you doing here?" Jack stood up. Alex followed her.

"We have a mission for Rider." The men were in full black suits.

"Well his quite from MI6 so you can leave now." The men pulled out a gun and pointed it at Jack.

"JACKIE!" They pulled the trigger and disappeared. Alex ran to Jack and held her in his arms. "Jackie. I can't lose you again."

"It's alright Alex. I will always be in your heart. It's your fault." She looked at Alex. Then people that have died appeared all around him. They all said it was his fault that they were dead. Then Jackie changed into Sabina.

"Alex. I'm going to die. Save me." Alex looked at his hands that were covered in blood. Sabina's blood. 

*****

He woke up in the tub filled with ice. It was almost daytime and he felt better. Fox walked over to Alex. "Alex? How do you feel?"

"Tired but better." Fox's eye lighted up.

"You're not talking in Russian." He hugged Alex. Alex was confused.

"When was I talking in Russian." Fox let go and helped Alex out of the tub.

"When you were sick. You don't remember talking to me?" Alex shook his head. "Well let's get you into different clothes and we can get you some food." Alex nodded. Fox gave Alex back his shirt and with a little help from him, they went back to Alex's cabin.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Sorry, this chapter is a quick one. Hope you enjoy. Vote and comment plz.