Hibiscus

I was baffled by how these buff men hijacked my mansion and moving his things here like he was some king, who does whatever he wants.

"Listen everyone! I will not allow that man to do as he wishes!!", I yelled at them and they stopped for a moment, looked at me, and then continued their work.

I felt like a kid whining for the moon.

The master bedroom was where I lived, while my paintings were in one of the guestrooms where no one was allowed to enter.

I was frustrated to no bounds. Why would he suddenly decide to stay here? And why does he think that him staying here will change my mind. I had already dreamt about a life after divorce.

++++

"Ma'am the dinner is ready!", Alice knocked on my door. I had closed myself in this room, painting my frustration out.

I so hate my life.

"I am not hungry Alice!"

I was not.

++++

Hours later, I was tired as hell and so locking the doors of the guest room, I went to the master bedroom and fell straight on the bed.

I began this day on such a beautiful note, and now I feel like the weight of this world has been bestowed upon me.

"I know you own the room too, but that doesn't mean you can rape me in my sleep!"

I jumped at the sound of someone in my room. Precisely in my bed.
I was standing on the ground, alert and in disbelief.
Fuck.

When my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room, I find a figure lying on the left side of the bed, his hand below his head and another resting on his belly. God! This man covers my bed like he owns it. Yes he does though.

I wanted to hit him so hard right now, but only a dumb question escaped my mouth.

"What are you doing here?"

He looked at me like I was a fool. And at that moment, I was literally being one.

"I hate to remind you but I am the husband."

I nodded, "The husband who has been absent for two years."

I went forward and took my side of the pillow and settled on the couch in the room.

By the time I was lying down, he was sitting up watching me like I have grown two heads.

I don't want to be near that man. He has hurt me even when I did him nothing wrong.

I was completely alone before I married him. Marrying him, I hoped someone will be there. Not as a husband, but as a friend atleast. But he killed all my expectations. And now, just the idea of divorce and he feels he has the right to come back and claim the place of my husband.

A tear escaped my eyes and I unconsciously sniffed. I feel depressed now.

"Are you crying?"

My attention is grasped by him who is still sitting upright, trying to look at me through the darkness of the room. 

I turned and faced the other side, tears falling down my eyes. I don't know how much I have cried because of this one man, and he may not know anything about me.

I hate him.

Soon after I felt a blanket over me, and that caused me to stiffen.

"Listen Mrs. Wife. I am all kinds of assholes but I don't want you to die from hunger, cold and crying. The leftovers are still in the fridge. And you can take the bed."

I did not move. This bitch. I am not crying for the food, blanket or the bed. And he would never understand that.

I laid still till he went away sighing and mumbling, "As you wish.."

++++

"Hey Courtney!"

"Why didn't you call me you dumb? I am so not well these days..", she cried.

I am such a bad friend.

"Oh I am so sorry Girl! I was just too occupied."

She sighed, "No excuses. Well, me and Jaden are organising a baby shower this Saturday. Why don't you come?"

Today is Thursday, and though she lives a continent away, I wouldn't dare miss her baby shower. Plus, I need to get out to clear my mind.

"Hmm...okay..I shall come. Surely. Just send a car to pick me up at the airport."

I could hear her squeal at the other end, "Ofcourse! I will myself come, but do not forget to invite that sexy beast of your husband."

If I did not mention then Jaden was Alexander's distant cousin who Courteney first met on my wedding.

"Yeah...", I replied vaguely. He wouldn't come and I wouldn't ask him to.

"Great then!"

++++

Will opened the car door for me, "You  look pale Aubrey! Everything good?"

"Yeah Will...I..I don't know...take me to a physician."

I was actually going to office and right now I don't know what to do. I feel dizzy and weak and anxious.

"Aubrey? Ma'am? You okay?", As I settled in the car seat, the voices started drowning away and I could hear nothing and could see nothing but black.

"Does she take some medications?"

A long pause is followed by the question.

"None that I know of doctor."

"Please take care. She needs rest."

I drowned in the dreamless sleep again. Oh god! Please don't wake me up again. I can't tolerate all this pain anymore.