Chrysanthemum

The rising sun's view was very often blocked by little birds. It was beautiful with its redness that was eager to turn yellow. The garden was blooming with flowers of different colours, and some butterflies were trying to extract their fair share of flower's Beauty.

I had a cup of warm water in my hand as I sat down on my favourite swinging chair and stared ahead.

The realisation that I was depressed completely dawned upon me. Because despite all the colours before my eyes, within me there was only darkness.

The doctor said crying was good, my body's response to the flaw within. I have to take a therapy session, with the person I trust or love or alone. I have to take a healthy diet and trust someone to take my care. I have to try my best to see the positive of the world and get over the darkness of my life.

I hear steps and turn around to see Will coming towards me.

"You alright Aubrey?", He asked.

I smiled a little, "I am good Will. I am sorry for putting you in such a sour position yesterday."

"Oh no! Don't fret about that. I was only worried for your safety. Everyone was."

I chuckled, "You don't have to worry Will. You know I can protect myself. I am a black belt."

"You are. I know.", He took seat in a chair opposite mine, "You look low though. And you only look low when you are forced to follow rules, but yesterday you fought boss like a queen."

I looked at him strangely, "Did you expect something else from me?"

"Hm..no!", He shook his head, "..but for once, I'd like you to know that boss man was actually very worried for you...I mean...it was surprising to see the always calm man to fret over your absence. He was going ins..."

I chuckled, "You have still not realised that the boat you ship is long drowned."

He sighed, "My shipping is different. I think you two are good for each other. But boss man was never expressive enough to prove my point. Why don't you go a little soft on him?"

"Yeah! You should..", I turned to see Gabby coming towards us with brekfast served, "...we should not try to coax you to stay with him, but just for the general knowledge sake, he was very worried when Will informed about your absence at the library. He had some important meeting which he refused to attend. And even at the night, I saw him sitting in the dining room sulking."

I looked at the two. They have always asked me to be soft on him, give him a chance, but I don't know on what basis.

I sighed, "I don't understand what you both say, because he is never kind to me. Not enough for me to reconsider my opinion of him."

++++

Later that day, I was sitting in the dining room trying to draw a sketch of a woman who was somehow turning out as me. Pencil sketches was something I was trying to learn. I have always been a colour person but things have been changing recently.

I felt a presence while I was busy with my pencil.

When I was done with the last stroke near the ear, I smiled triumphantly how good it turned out.

But my smile halted the moment I looked up and my eyes met the green ones of my husband who was curiously watching me.

He was sipping juice from a glass, which was supposedly apple juice because he doesn't drink.

I looked away immediately and closed my art book when my eyes fell on the glass of juice that was kept near me.

I looked up at him surprised. Did he bring this? Because Gabby is not home. She's out for grocery shopping.

My stare grabbed his attention, and he looked up from his interesting glass.

There was a long staring competition between him, me and the glass of juice before he decided to end it.

"I have not mixed anything poisonous in it."

Oh darling! I believe you!!

Thankfully I kept the sarcastic comment to myself. I was not in the mood to spoil my peace of mind.

I didn't say much but kept sitting there, and opened my art book again to finish the Sketch.

Trying my best to be sneaky, I picked up the glass and sipped the juice. Because c'mon I was too hungry to mind who brought it.

I heard him sigh loudly and spared him a glance to see him amused, shifting his eyes repeatedly between me and the glass.

Bastard!

++++

"Ma'am are you done packing!?"

I affirmed, "Yes I am. Just make sure the jet is on time tomorrow."

"Okay I will take care."

I kept the last dress in my suitcase and zipped it close. I was excited to see Courteney. It has been so long.

"Where are you going?"

Oh well. Here comes the boss of me.

"Courtney's baby shower."

"That means London."

I looked away and kept the bag of gifts with my suitcase. I replied him decently once. That is more than enough.

"Am I not invited?", I hear him.

Oh yes piggie! You are! But I am not telling you that.

"Uhm...nope! Courtney didn't mention you."

And then I turned back again to concentrate on my work.

I was busy rummaging through my drawer to find my camera lens, when I heard his voice again.

"Hey Jaden...yeah!...I came to know about the baby shower....yeah yeah.. ofcourse Aubrey told me....why wouldn't I come man?....yeah! Absolutely!....okay then...see you soon...!"

Fuck!

I glared at him and he looked at me amused.

"Well... thankyou mrs. Wife, for telling me that I was invited too."

"Oh! Wouldn't mind it doing again for you dear!"

He nodded, "Would you mind packing my bag love?"

I glared at him offended, "Ofcourse I would you dumb ass!"

He chuckled, "Don't go all demon mode on me...but first let me inform Alice to make arrangements for two."

Before he could leave the room, I went at the door and blocked his way.

"What do you intend to do with me? Huh? I don't understand why you have to do all this?"

His eyes were all serious now and it looked like he too was wondering the same. Right now, the only confusion I have in my life is him. Alexander. He's being something different. Different from what I expected him to be. And it intrigues me what is it that forces him to stay here.

It cannot be business? Can it be?
Can it be concern. Oh! Who am I kidding?

I am sure he'd be bored soon and leave.

"It takes a lot more than five days of living together to understand me. But you will make it."