Lotus

I was never more agitated while sitting on a plane. My mother in law came to see us off today, and she gave me some relationship advices too. I hope she would have given the same to her son two years ago.

"Stop being so fidgety Mrs. Wife. I am trying to do some work here."

I glared at him, "Why do you have to come?"

"The jet has already taken off. And I have a niece coming."

I rolled my eyes, "I am glad you'd be atleast good to her."

I didn't wait to see his expression and went to the window seat and looked down at the land below slowly getting lost between clouds.

I had a book in my hand Isabel Allende's Daughter of fortune.

I slipped off my sneakers and pulled up my feet and started reading from where I left. I felt his presence constantly but once deep drowned in the book, no one can bother me... especially not him.

++++

A slight turbulence disturbs my sleep and my eyes flew open. Instead of the seat of the jet, I find myself curled in a blanket on the bed in the private room. I've been here before, and so I know these surroundings well. But how did I end up in bed.

My book was kept on the head of the bed. I reached for it and got out of the bed, not anymore drowsy.

When I came out, I see all bodyguard guys, seated, some working while some reading. On the other side of the aisle sat the annoying husband of mine. With an only empty seat next to him.

He was writing something, in a small notebook, which I have never seen him do before.

I cleared my throat, making half of the population look up because the other half had earphones on.

"Who shifted me in the bedroom?"

Everyone looked at me strangely including him.

I looked at them all, for reply.

"Ashel!", Came the reply from Alexander.

I looked at Ashel, who looked baffled, "Thankyou Ashel...but you didn't have to do that. But I needed some rest!", I smiled gratefully at him.

A throat clearing sound sounds and I look away from Ashel to him, the source.

"I'd like to have some silence."

I rolled my eyes, "Ofcourse your highness!"

I went and took my original window seat, the view of the clouds from the window making me smile wide. Though I stop smiling when I feel a pair of eyes on me. The familiar feeling of being watched by him. I don't know if I liked it or not, but it was just a feeling I now find myself getting aware with.

++++

The moment we land, Jaden was waiting for us with the driver to pick us up as Courteney was too excited to see me, that she sent him here.

Now, I was sitting with her as she chatted about her experiences on pregnancy.

"...I am so sick of this kid in my stomach. She must come out already."

I chuckled, "Once she does, you will have to share her."

At that she smiled wide, "Well I will accept that it is really fulfilling to have a life inside. When are you and Alex planning to join the club?"

The thought alone made me uneasy. Not the thought of kids, but the thought of kids with Alexander. This is an out of the world possibility, that I don't think him or me seek to pursue.