Gulmohar

I refused it all. I refused to face him at all, so he doesn't get the opportunity to 'correct it all'. It's too late to correct it all. I've finally taken things in my hands, while simultaneously getting aware of the depression I was pushing myself into. I want to live, and I want to live free.

These past few days have flew by with this very agenda. By few I mean four days. I've avoided him like he was a zoonotic disease.

How dare this sick form of human call me 'Mrs. Aubrey Alexander Campbell'!? Like he could claim me by sticking his name with mine like a leech. Bastard!

And what about that 'you're my only family' when his mother is alive and kicking!

I painted my frustration away. The painting was a mix of black and red. A women in black, her long gown revealing one of her legs, as she sits on a chair. The only red in the whole potrait were her lips, and the blood that was dripping from the knife she held. I was feeling sinister today.

A knock on the door interrupted my reverie, and I turned cursing under my breath, "Yes?"

"Mrs. Campbell?"

This was one of the bodyguard guys, who have all suddenly started calling me that instead of the 'madame' they used.

They are probably paid actors.

"Yes Brian..."

"Your dinner is served on the dining table. Sir said he wants you to be there."

I scowled, "For what?"

"I...I do not know Madame..", came the reply from the other side.

"Tell your sir to shove his order in his toilet drain. And Brian...no offense to you all...I am only trying to avoid that piggie."

I heard a snicker that made me smirk, "We all understand Madame. Don't worry, we are not offended."

*

I managed to draw a few more strokes and then, suddenly the door burst open startling me so much that my brush fell down.

My heart started thumping loudly and I turned to curse that person when I came in front of none but my dear husband, who I curse with every breath I take.

"What a delight-less moment!!", I squeaked holding my heart, seeing the pig himself standing in front of me with a big tray in his hand, filled with food.

He must have kicked the door with his legs. But wait! The door was closed.

"How did you come in?"

"Master keys."

But by then, the realisation already dawned upon me that this indecent creature entered my safe haven without my permission. Like he owned this place.

"Alexander! Get out! This is my room."

He looked at me bored, "Your room but our mansion."

"What are you doing here? Go out! I will come out in a minute."

He turned giving me high hopes but instead walked to the couch dropping the tray on the table.

"No. Since you wanted to coop in here like a hermit, I decided to enter this room. I respected your privacy enough for four days."

I glared at him, "Yes...you and respect never crossed each other's way."

He only chuckled, not at all amused, "You guessed it right, baby."

Baby? I look like a baby? Do I have a pacifier in my mouth?? Is he like those cringey guys who call their partners baby? Fuck! One more reason to divorce him.