Daffodils

When I woke up this morning, I was amazed and appalled. Amazed because my sleep was probably the best one that I got since everything went downhill. And appalled because I was not sleeping on the bed, but on someone else, who happens to be my dreamy nightmare, the husband.

Fuck! I am a cuddler. And not a decent one. I think I drooled on him all night. His hands around me secured me in my place and i had my hands wounded around his neck.

God! What dumb brain cell of mine caused my body to do this!?

He was lying still, as if dead. God, is he dead? I am the last person he was with. I don't want to go to jail.

When I wiggled to get up, a groan left his mouth making a shiver travel through my body as his chest vibrated against mine.

Alive and kicking!- I rolled my eyes.

"Stay in place."

I managed to lift my head and looked at him, only sleeping like a dead meat.

I kept my hands against his chest and tried to lift myself.

I did not care of his sleep and so I moved way too much trying to loosen his hold on me. And finally it did, but by then he was wide awake..

His eyes met with mine, and then they looked down at our proximity.

Blame him! Blame him!

I sat up, moving away from him, "For once behave like a gentleman you pretend to be before the world."

He narrowed his eyes in return, "You are sitting on my side of the bed."

"Yes! Because you must have pulled me to your side! Leech!"

And I ran away, not giving him the opportunity to have the last words.

*

Once under the water, the gravity of this situation dawned upon me. Without sleeping pills, I am more 'alive' while sleeping and so I do what I always do- roll around the bed like a rolling pin shaping dough.

And not only him, whoever ever slept with me, that included mom or Courteney always complained that I do not let them sleep at night.

A teeny teeny amount of guilt surrounded me because he may have had problem sleeping due to my habit. But well, I was not the one who insisted sleeping on the bed.

Smirking to myself, feeling better with his misery, I lifted my face to let the cold water directly touch my face.

Soon after, I feel myself smile. And I was aware it was not at all for the good reasons.

*

"You know you don't have to stay so stiff before the meeting."

He breaks my peace while we sit in the car heading to his office building.

I looked at him with a bored look, "You know I could have taken my own car. There's no need for all this showoff."

There were two cars ahead of us, and two cars behind, with all the bodyguard guys. Will was our driver. He wanted a convoy to carry him to his office, and I had to follow through. The only thing remaining was a bunch of horses, a set of trumpets and a band to announce his presence in the city.

"Too much environmental polution. And moreover, it wouldn't look good that me and my wife are coming in separate cars."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "I know you don't give a shit about environment. You should be sent to Mars. And about the other things, the divorce papers are in left drawer on my side."