Chapter 5

It had been three since Sasuke transferred to Tokyo high. Sakura did not interact with him. Except for that one time when she was at the cash register at The Leaf. But it was only a professional interaction. Sakura took his order and that was it. Nevertheless, she still felt quite shy around him. His strong aura and expressionless face were making it easy for her to be comfortable around him. So she was very self-conscious about what she would tell him. She did not want to offend him. She had heard about how cold he was.

Her sudden shyness around the boy surprised the pinkette herself. She would never let anyone intimidate her. But this Uchiha boy was another type of intimidating.

"Sasuke is a regular of The Leaf now?" Hinata asked, surprised. Sakura had just told them about him.

"Regular is a big word," Sakura said, even though he always came since the first time he found The Leaf. But it had only been three days so could we really call him a regular?

"Well, he kept coming every day so kind of?" Ino said. Then, she loudly gasped. "Maybe he is coming to see you!" she whisper-shouted. Sakura rolled her eyes.

"No, but look. Why would he come every day to dine there? To see you, of course!" she explained.

"Did you go back to reading those shoujo mangas again?" Shikamaru asked. Ino was about to say something but then decided not to. She had nothing to shoot back, Shikamaru was right.

"I hope he stays away from Sakura-chan," Naruto said, taking a bite of his lunch. "I don't want this bastard part of our group," he grunted.

"People would surely come even more to The Leaf now," Hinata said.

"They already are," Sakura sighed.

The pinkette was glad of Sasuke's liking on The Leaf. Since people knew he was a client of The Leaf, students would go there just to see him. And since they would stay there, they would order and it meant more clients for the coffee shop. The thing that bothered Sakura was that some of them would be quite loud sometimes, having no consideration for the people around. And the usual quietness of The Leaf would be replaced by squeals and giggles.

"Even Aki-kun's fangirls are not that loud when they would visit," Sakura said, taking a bite of her lunch.

"I can't believe you have two hot boys just for you," Ino joked.

"I have no one just for me, Ino-pig," Sakura scowled. "Sasuke-kun and I don't even talk to one another, and Aki-kun is just a friend,"

"Yet he constantly flirts with you," Naruto frowned.

"Well, he flirts with every girl," Shikamaru said in a boring town.

"True. This morning, he gave me an iris when I ran into him by the garden," Hinata chuckled, remembering the event. She knew Akihiko was not serious so she found him rather funny than annoying.

"He what now?" Naruto's frown deepened as annoyance clearly appear on his face.

"See? So stop imagining stuff, Ino," Sakura said.

"But-"

"S-Sasuke-kun!" they all heard a girl claiming. The group turned toward the door. A girl was standing in front of Sasuke who appeared to be quite annoyed. Sakura did not recognize the girl. She was not in the class.

It's better that way or it would be awkward for her when he'll reject her, she thought.

The infatuation around Sasuke did not die down as Sakura thought. Actually, it might have become worse. It depended on the point of view. To Sasuke though, it did become worse. He could not walk a meter without people staring or whispering et him. Girls were now becoming bold enough to even confess to him. He could not spend a day without being stopped at least twice a day, which annoyed Sasuke quite a lot. He found those girls either bothersome or superficial. They did not even know him and they wanted to become his girlfriend. They had known him for three days and they thought they were in love. But they only loved the idea of him, not him as a person. And Sasuke did not believe in love at first sight. To him, love was a process, something that took time to grow and blossom into something beautiful. It was not something that magically appear just by looking at someone. Things that suddenly appear could also vanish at any second.