Chapter 11

"You're working with Sasuke?!" Ino exclaimed so loudly that the entire class looked at them. Sakura blushed with embarrassment as she apologized to her classmate for the disturbance. She was glad Sasuke was not there.

"What's so extraordinary about it?" Sakura sighed. "And how did you even find out?"

"Rumors," Hinata said. Sakura lifted an eyebrow. "Apparently Karin saw you two working together last Friday,"

"Why am I not even surprised?" Sakura rolled her eyes. "Anyway, Sasuke needed a job, I got him one. That's it,"

"You got him the job?" Ino whisper-shouted, trying to not disturb the class again.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Girl, you don't see? It is the birth of a great relationship!" She exclaimed. Sakura sighed.

"Ino...," Sakura sighed, desperately. "Sasuke-kun and I are just friends. Nothing more,"

"I didn't say the contrary. I wasn't implying anything," the blonde girl wiggled her eyebrows. Hinata laughed as Sakura only sighed. It was just Ino being Ino.

"Saku," the pink-haired girl heard. She turned to see Akihiko walking over to her. Behind her Sasuke, Naruto, and Shikamaru entered the class together.

A few weeks had passed since Sasuke was transferred to Tokyo High. His presence there became normal now as if he had always been there. But his popularity did not waver at all. He was still as loved and adored as ever. The raven boy also was integrated into the class. Well, in his own way. He was still reserved and not friendly at all. But everyone was used to it. It was Sasuke after all. But the Uchiha boy did get closer to a group of people, especially two people. He would spend most of his time in the company of Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru, Hinata, and Ino. It just became natural for them to eat lunch together or to team up during group projects. But Sasuke would find himself even more with Sakura and surprisingly with Naruto as well. It just clicked in a weird way.

"Are you free this Saturday afternoon?" He asked hands shoved in pockets.

Sakura blinked at him a few times, trying to process what he just asked her. She could see Ino looking back and forth between the two and Hinata gasping as she brought her hands to cover her mouth in surprise. And Sakura just stared at him.

"Eh?" That was all she could articulate.

Was Akihiko asking her out? Or was he just flirting? But he didn't have his smirk on, nor his usual playful face. He was serious which was quite scary. He seemed to get more and more serious lately.

"Are you free this Saturday afternoon?" Akihiko repeated. "I would like to repay you for letting you handle two shifts alone in a row,"

A look of realization passed across her face as she awkwardly chuckled, feeling silly to have even considered that Akihiko might actually have feelings for her.

"Yes, I'm free," Sakura said as she tried to hide her embarrassment.

"Great. I'll pick you up at 2 in the afternoon," he said as he walked over to his desk.

"To go where?" She asked.

"That's surprised," he playfully said as he winked. Sakura slightly pouted, not satisfied with his answer. It wouldn't help her know what to wear. What if she decided to wear heels and they end up walking all day? "Oh, and," he added as he sat down.

"I know you freaked out because you thought I was asking you out," he teased. Sakura madly blushed as he laughed, turning away.

"Oi, Sakura-chan, you got a date?" Naruto asked as he, Shikamaru, and Sasuke walked over to the girls.