Chapter 9

Sakura was at a library reading a book about the multiverse. It was Saturday and after the four periods of the morning, Sasuke and she agreed to stay at the campus's library to start some research. The two of them were immersed in deep silence, reading and looking for anything that could help the raven boy to go back to his world. The thing was that they did not really know where to start. Even though they did not really think it would help, they still looked into scientific reviews or thesis. But all Sakura found was some hypothesis and way too complicated and elaborated thesis about quantum and multiverse. Scientists thought a multiverse could be existing but at the time being, they had no way to find a way to reach it. From what the pinkette had understood, multiple versions of the earth was existing. Multiple version meant that there was also multiple version of themselves existing. The many Earths were occupying the same place but were vibrating at different frequencies so it was impossible to see or feel them. And to open a breach, would require an amount of energy and level of technology that was not present on Earth. So basically, it was a dream. So Sakura could scratch that from the solutions.

Sakura silently sighed as she looked up at Sasuke. He was reading attentively his scientific review. Sakura really wanted to help him, she really did. But she felt like the answers they were looking for would not be there. She kept replaying the conversation she had with Sasuke in her head. What happened to him could not be explained scientifically. The fact that both of them did the same thing at the same time and then the same thing happened to both of them could not be explained scientifically. There were too many details for it to be coincidental. And too many usual things to be scientifically explained. Besides, the two of them went praying. It must have something to do with that.

"I highly doubt you would find something useful on my face," she heard. Sakura snapped back from her thoughts. Sasuke was frowning at her, staring at her as she realized she had been staring at him for a while now. Quickly her face flushed as she looked down.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," she said.

"If you don't want to help then-"

"It's not that!" she quickly denied. "It's just, I don't think there is a rational explanation to what happened to you. I don't think we will find answers in scientific reviews. Factually, we both went praying at the same time, read the same stale and the same strange wind blew. It must have something to do with your presence here. It surely is on a supernatural level. We must find how it happens. I mean, the conditions, the criteria, these kinds of things. But the problem is that anything that is on a supernatural level is hard to explain as we are not used to it and that it is out of reach. Anything supernatural is quite vague, actually,"

Sasuke had to admit that he agreed with her. It had been an hour they had been looking for answers and they found nothing but theories. And what Sakura said was quite logical.

"The problem is that supernatural experts are often not really that serious," he said. "But we can still look into legends or priests and priestesses at shrines. They must know something,"

"Do you want to visit the Tokyo shrine?" Sakura asked.

"We can still try," Sasuke said as he stood up and took the books to put them away.

Sakura stood up from her chair and looked at the hour on her phone. It was already 1:30 P.M.

"Do you want to eat first before going?" Sakura asked. "We can stop by The Leaf,"

"Hn," Sasuke only said.

Sakura did not know if he was agreeing or refusing, but since he followed her and did not showcase any sign of annoyance, she assumed he agreed. It had been a week since Sasuke was transferred to Tokyo high and Sakura learned that he was a man of a few words. The raven would only talk we he thought it was necessary or to shut Naruto up. The only times where Sasuke would talk a lot were in serious situations like the time he first told her he was from another world. Thinking back at it, this whole situation still felt so unreal.