Chapter 6

"Sasuke-kun will join the basketball team?!" Sakura exclaimed, shocked.

"Well, we don't know but I heard that he asked the coach if it was possible," Hinata said.

"Since he's a transfer student and that he was not here for the try-out sessions, the coach agreed to give him a chance," Ino added as they walked in the corridor of the school, heading to their classes after buying their lunch.

"Naruto must be furious," Sakura said thoughtfully.

"Yes, he was very mad when he found out," Hinata said. "He left to talk the coach out of the idea. That's why he won't be eating lunch with us,"

"And Shikamaru?" Ino asked.

"Naruto dragged him with him, hoping he would back him up," Hinata chuckled. "Although I doubt it would happen,"

"I wonder if Sasuke is good at basketball," Ino said.

"He must be if he wants to enter the team," Sakura said.

"Still talking about pretty boy Uchiha?" the three girls heard. They turned around. It was Akihiko. "Didn't know you were part of his fan club too,"

"Don't be stupid," Sakura rolled her eye as she resumed walking. "It's rare to see you at lunch break anyway,"

"Why? You miss me?" he teased, smirking. Sakura harshly nudged him. "So you'll see him test after school?" Akihiko asked.

The three girls looked at him, a frown on their faces.

"What? You don't know? I thought you would. Lots of girls will watch his test at the gymnasium,"

"There is no way I will be near those fangirls," Sakura said.

"Same," Hinata nodded. "I don't want to be pushed and walked on,"

"Don't wanna lose my dignity," Ino said.

"You might be the only ones then," Akihiko said. "When will you crash by The leaf, ladies? It's been a while I haven't seen you there," he questioned both Ino and Hinata.

"I have to take care of my sister, sorry Aki-kun," Hinata smiled apologetically.

"I actually wanted to crash by the art club," Ino said.

"I can't believe you forgot all about me for Sai," Akihiko joked, making Ino giggle. Just like Hinata, she'd rather laugh at his silly and flirty side than be upset about it. "I guess it will be only you and I, Saku," he said, wrapping his arms around her shoulder.

"You'll be taking care of the cash register though," the pinkette said. "I don't wanna deal with your suitors asking for your phone numbers,"

"Well, at least more people come to eat, so more clients and a bigger pay for us," he shrugged.

Akihiko was the one taking care of the counter the most. Their boss didn't mind. Actually, he preferred it that way. The brunet's good looks attracted clients so it meant more money coming for the café. Sakura did not really like this strategy as she felt like they were using Akihiko. But the latter did not care so she could not really say anything. And in the end, their pay was indeed bigger.

When the lunch break was over, everyone was back in the classroom. Naruto was slumping in his chair, sulking about his failure to convince the coach to refuse Sasuke in the team. Shikamaru had not been of great help which added a layer to the blond's anger. But eventually, he would get over it. Naruto knew it was not in Shikamaru's character to help in such silly things. Besides, he was the club's consultant, so the club's future was before Naruto's silly dislikes of the raven boy. And the Nara boy believed that they all should see what Sasuke's level was before judging him as a player. And if the Uchiha was happened to be a good player, it would only be beneficial for the team.