04 - Gemini

"Does my hair look better up or down?" Asked Octavia with a playful smile.

"Down." I responded as I was staring at myself in the mirror.

"Hey.. Octavia, would I look good in short hair?" I questioned her as I twisted my brown locks.

"You'd look good in anything Rey! Do you want to cut it?"

"Mhm.."

I felt a random weight on my shoulders which made me instantly back away. I turned around, and realized it was Octavia grabbing onto my shoulders.

"Are you okay Rey? Did I do something wrong?" She asked with a confused look.

"Yes, well no.. please don't touch me without letting me know..." I mumbled with embarrassment crawling through my pale cheeks.

"I'm sorry Rey, I won't do it again." She said with a soft smile in to avoid making me feel bad.

She's been really nice to me ever since I moved into the new dorm room. She would stare at my injuries but never asked me about it, or why I barely talked to the other girls, and I plan to keep it that way.

"Hey.. Octavia, would you mind cutting my hair tonight?" I asked her while I still continuing twisted a long strand of hair.

"Uh, yeah, sure! Do you have a pair of scissors with you?"

"No.."

"Well no worries Rey! I can ask Mother if she can lend us a pair of scissors." She said with a grin on her face.

I opened my eyes slightly in happiness, and gave her a nod in agreement.

I desperately wanted to get rid of the hair that had been grabbed in by selfish people.

I started daydreaming about many different things.

Things that I never intend on telling anyone. Things that spiraled through my mind in a negative way. Things that won't leave me at peace with myself.

"Hey Rey come on, let's go eat breakfast!" exclaimed Octavia that snapped me out of my daydreaming zone.

The chefs served us french toast and orange juice. I sat by my usual seating area except this time, I wasn't alone, Octavia sat next to me.

She placed her tray down, and made herself comfortable before she sat down. I stared at her with one of my hands getting pressured by my head as I tilted to her direction with a blank face.

Octavia turned her head slightly with a goofy expression on her face.

"Did you know I have a twin brother?" She said randomly as she smirked with one of her hands covering her mouth to try and contain her laughter.

"Fraternal or identical?" I presumed.

"Fraternal. You probably wouldn't be able to tell since we aren't really identical. He's the older one, at least that's what Mother told me." She spoke as she stretched out her arms with a yawn leaving her mouth.

"That's cool. How long have y'all been in this orphanage?"

"Hmm, about a year and a half." She said as she was using her fingers to count the years of when she first arrived here.

"Why are you guys here, if you don't mind me asking?"

She stared at me, and chuckled a slight bit. She started fidgeting with her hands, as she was thinking about what to say about my previous question.

"Our parents abandoned us.. My parents were born in Vietnam, but left for an unknown reason, and fled to India. My father found out that my mother was pregnant with my brother. Although when they found out that I was also in the womb, they were disappointed. For some reason they didn't want a girl. Once my mother gave birth, my mother ended up neglecting me as well as my father. All of their attention went towards my brother, my brother tried changing their minds but the more Olivier spoke to them about me, father and mother started neglecting him too."