My Dad's Friend: 18

«JARVIS'S POINT OF VIEW»

"So, tell us about yourself honey"

I watched my mother smile lovingly at Levi's girlfriend. I scoffed, shoving a piece of meat into my mouth.

"I graduated from the University of..."

And I mute out the rest, not interested in anything about her while shoving more meat into my mouth, ignoring the eyes that bored a hole through my face. I choked, coughing as I slightly hit my chest, I stretched my hand out to grab a glass of water but a glass was already brought to my lips. I met Levi's brown orbs and accepted the water and gulped it down my throat.

"You eat like someone who hasn't had a meal for days" He commented and I huffed, placing the glass down.

"It's like you care" I mumbled, groaning silently in annoyance at the sound of my parents laughing about what Levi's girlfriend had said, I didn't care to know her name, she was in a position I have always wanted. My body trembled when the green-eyed monster crawled through my blood, I hated it so much.

"You are the first girl Levi has brought and I could tell what he saw in you, you are special my dear" Mom beamed and another scoff left me, the jealousy crawling through me wouldn't allow me to see anything special about her, heck, I didn't even know her name!

"I think you are the right girl for our son," Mom said once more and I huffed, clearly unimpressed but Mom caught my displeasure and I could tell I was making the girl embarrassed and uncomfortable but I didn't care.

"Is there something you will like to share with us, Jarvis?" She asked but I shook my head and shrugged.

"Am good"

The dinner went on with my parents praising the girl while I stayed quiet and eat my food, never for meeting that gazes that boreholes through my skull.

*******

Standing over the sink, I slowly washed the dashes till I heard a throat clearing behind me. My body froze for a moment as I recognized who it was. I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. I continued what I was doing, ignoring him till he came beside me and his scent drove me crazy as his cologne reached my nose and my movement automatically came to a stop when he suddenly grabbed my hand, my breath hitched, my eyes instantly going over to meet his brown orbs, staring at me with concern.

"What is going on with you Jarvis, you look so pale" he brought his other hand to my forehead but I moved away before his palm could touch my skin and yanked my hand from his grip, it was like his touch suddenly burnt me but the sparks that rushed through me from his forbidden burnt me. I was once again disgusted with myself for making such thoughts about my brother, what was wrong with me?

"Why are you distancing yourself from me, why this sudden gap between us, we used to be close" he spoke, heartbroken.

We were close till the moment I stopped seeing you as a brother but a lover. I wish I could tell him that, I wish I could pour out my heart like I used to but I was scared, scared of being left alone because what I felt wasn't meant to happen, no one in their normal senses would want to kiss that blood brother.

"You won't understand" I gritted through my teeth because I wanted him to drop the conversation. I was on the edge, a little push and I would snap but he obviously didn't get my warning as he continued, he stepped closer, I automatically put a gap between us.

"I won't understand if you don't tell me. what's going on and whatever it is, you didn't have to be rude to Caroline" he pointed behind him and my jaw clenched and my eyes blank, my hand finding its way to the sink, gripping it hard as a lump formed in my throat, the knot in my stomach tightening.

"Is that why you're here because I was rude to your girlfriend?" I gritted through my teeth once more and I watched as he facepalmed, throwing his head back and groaning in clear frustration.

"Are you freaking kidding me right now, Jarvis?!" He growled. "You think am here for that, you think I don't care about you, I am your elder brother"

And then it came again, that pinch, that sting in my heart whenever he reminded me of that fact, I felt my eyes get blurry with tears again, I also felt my head throbbing while guilt swarmed through me. I was so horrible, how I could do this to my brother, how could I be so cruel towards someone who had always been there for me?

"Hey, hey, hey! Are you okay, why are you crying, I didn't mean to say anything hurtful"

I heard his helpless tone and it was that moment I realized I was crying, I immediately wiped my tears stained face and at that moment, mom and Carolina walked into the kitchen, mom immediately rushed over to me, cupping my face.

"Oh, honey. Why are you crying, what did you do Levi?!"

Levi lifted his hands defensively, my heart bleeding as I watched his girlfriend cling to his side. I couldn't take this anymore. I instantly took a towel and dried my hands hurriedly.

"Hm, Mom. I have to go" I stated, slipping out from her hands and hurrying out from the kitchen but she shadowed my steps.

"And why are you in a hurry?" I could hear the concern in her voice as I grabbed my Jacket from the sofa and slipped in my hands but I couldn't afford to stay here, not when my object of obsession was just a foot away from me and let my heart ache, knowing I couldn't have him.

"I have a test tomorrow, I have to study" I had already reached the door.

"It's Saturday tomorrow!"

"Yeah" I answered. "Bye!" And I was out the door, ignoring her calls and protest.

It was for the best and the good of all.