Chapter 2: Taking care

(Prompt: Mortis takes care of an injured Colt)

"How many times do i have to tell you, don't charge into the enemies by yourself !" Mortis reprimanded Colt as he took out some bandages from a med kit. Colt didn't reply and just sat down in front of Mortis.

Colt's body was littered with cuts and bruises from his previous battle with Shelly and Poco. He had taken most of the damage for his team and charged into his enemies without a second thought.Once he returned home to his shared house with his boyfriend, he was met with an concerned and angry face as well as a lecture.

Currently, Colt was letting Mortis tend to his wounds and stayed silent, not wanting to anger his boyfriend more. Mortis took out a q-tip and applied an antibiotic ointment on a cut. Colt winced at the feeling of the ointment stinging on the open wound.

"It hurts ,doesn't it. Maybe next next time you wouldn't do something as stupid as this." Mortis scoffed as he finished bandaging the cut up. Not long after, Colts wounds were properly taken care of.

They both sat in awkward silence before Colt broke it, "I'm sorry Mortis, i didn't mean to worry you so much. Your right, i shouldn't have been so stupid and careless." Mortis turned around and saw Colt staring into the ground and looked as if he was about to cry. He face softened and huffed at the sight. He grabbed Colt's chin and turned his head towards him.

A pair of cold soft lips pressed against Colt's mouth. Colt's eyes widened for a split second before he melted into the kiss. Mortis parted before his partner ran out of air and spoke,"Just promise me you will take care of yourself next time." Colt stared at him before smiling.

"I promise."