Chapter 7: Showdown

(Prompt: Colt and Mortis in hand to hand combat. )

Colt sprinted as fast as his legs could as bullets chased him and bomb thrown everywhere. He immediately took cover behind a wall as he heard loud explosions and saw multiple brawlers flung into the air. A few which poofed and disappeared, signifying they had died.

Colt was currently in Solo Showdown, trying his best not to die. He had managed to obtain a few power cubes, not without losing half his health to the other players.

He pressed his back against the hard surface of the wall, trying to catch his breath. He hid in a nearby bush, waiting until his health had fully recovered. He peered through the leaves, trying to ambush any low-health enemies. Not long after, he and another brawler were the last ones standing.

He carefully left the bush as the poisen clouds were slowly edging closer and closer to him. He made his way to the center of the map and hid in another bush. Suddenly, he heard footsteps nearby, he saw a glimpse of a dark cloak and violet hair. Colt stepped out of the bush and started to chase him down, hoping to finally end the brawl. Once he saw the brawler, his eyes widened.

Mortis.

Mortis turned around and smirked. He leaned against his shovel,"Well hello darling~." Colt blushed at the name he was called and huffed. "Not now Mortis, we are in a brawl." He crossed his arms and pouted. The other male chuckled before responding,"Alright~ Don't say i didn't warn you." Before Colt could register what he meant, Mortis immediately charged at him with his shovel. Thanks to his quick reflexes, Colt managed to dodge it.

He barely had enough time to recover before he was flung against a wall by Mortis. He winced, clutching the part where be was struck. He looked up seeing the taller male with his shovel pointing towards him, ready to attack. Colt shut his eyes, preparing to be killed. Seconds passed but nothing happened.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed Colt by his face. A pair of cold, chapped lip pressed against his. His eyes shot open in shock and confusion. He shivered as Mortis pushed his tounge into his mouth, exploring the wet cavern. Mortis pulled away, a thin thred of saliva connected their lips. He licked his lip and purred,"Well sheriff, this has been rather exciting. I think its time to end this fight, right. But don't worry, we will continue this very soon~" Still dazed, Colt was killed in a simple swing of the shovel.

Colt poofed and was teleported to the lobby with a text over his head that said '2nd place'. He slowly reached his hand up and touched his lip, the feeling of Mortis's lips still lingered. He blushed at the last sentence his partner spoke before he died.

And that night was a long night.