New Roads! Chapter 16

We left Ben in his new Horse form, Sendrix collapsed and strapped on his back, facing seven elves after stealing their quest target from them.

What could possibly happen from there?

••••••••••

Chapter 16: The Horse That Whispered In The Elves' Ears

We faced each other several seconds before the elven warrior with two swords decided to step in and checked the rest of the room.

"No trace of anyone else."

"A secret room, perhaps?"

This is the secret room!

"I doubt it. I would notice it."

Dokil, their spy, was the one who had said that. He was now eying my cargo with envy.

"That's Sendrix."

"What is he doing tied up on it?"

I'm not an it!

"Don't know."

"Do you think it's part of the quest?"

"If it was we would have received a message from the system. No, look at those wounds. Sendrix got defeated, patched, and strapped up."

"The quest does say that he has to be brought back alive..."

"So he got had by the same dude that's been tying people up?"

"I think so."

Oh, so you guys noticed that, huh?

"Where do you think he is now?"

"Maybe he died."

"He had time to heal Sendrix, why not himself?"

"Who knows! Let's grab Sendrix and run!"

The comment came from one of the archers. When he tried to reach my prisoner I took a series of steps back, putting him out of reach.

Still the man tried again. This time I hit the stone floor with my hooves a few times and shaked my head in disaproval.

"I don't think he wants you to."

It was their leader. She came to me and started patting my head.

"We're not here to hurt or steal from you. But we are interested in meeting your master. Can you bring us to him?"

"Oh, please like it can understand you!"

"I think it can."

"It's a bloody animal!"

"Yes. For now."

Does she...! oh, wow. She knows I'm not a horse!

Half curious as to why she did not rat me out and half afraid she would decide to kill me, I decided to comply.

I walked straight between their group and started going back up on the secret passage.

The party leader walked next to me, touching my flank or my mane from time to time.

"I like this color. It makes me think of the night sky. Especially with the mark at front of the head."

I hadn't seen myself in a mirror so I didn't know what she was talking about but I supposed she was talking about the Spirit of the Night Sky's blessing.

"You know Alma, I'm starting to worry about you. You're talking to a dumb horse as if he can understand you!"

That was rude!